Live Life Fully and Enjoy Every Day

Replies
Views
makemelaaf
Mar 01, 2011 5:23 am

Just like everyone in the world, I have my good days and bad ones. But I am here to tell you all that even on your worst days, find a reason to smile, laugh, and go forward because things will get better. I just spent a month at my daughter's house, a rather wonderful month if I may add. I was scared at first to be away from home and my comfort zone. My daughter is very particular with her home and as a person with a colostomy, we all know how messy that can be sometimes, but actually everything was fine. I actually got out and went skiing in the snow for the first time. It was fun, but I only made one trip down the mountain on the skis just to see if I could do it and was satisfied when I got to the bottom of the mountain in one piece and opted to snow tube the rest of the night. I did a lot of walking, going out to eat, and even toured the Hershey plant (which was great for us diabetics!). I had a great time playing with my granddaughter and had more energy than ever before while there. I am now planning a white water rafting trip when the weather warms up and hopefully will go on a canoe trip this summer with a friend. I am finding that the part of me that has always enjoyed life and been really outgoing wants to bust out and live again and not let this bag hold me back anymore. I want everyone reading this to know that there is life after the surgeries and we need to band together to show we love life and living. Know that it is not just good enough to say you want to get out and live, but do it! You will not regret anything and will feel great afterward!

Karen

Past Member
Mar 02, 2011 9:17 am
Love your "glass half-full" attitude Karen!

Definitely on board with the positive aspects of life with an ostomy because for me also life has never been better!

Cheers me dear,

Jo :)
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Mar 03, 2011 5:28 am

I'm on board!! It's been a while, but I think I'm ready to be happy!