...AND NOW FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT..

Replies
Views
dentalguy44
Apr 03, 2011 6:36 am
So, I'm sitting in my room at the rehab, surrounded by three other folks with various forms of "ick" that there trying to recover from. one guy has diabetes, lost his big toe on his left foot, and now may loose the leg due to infection... the other fella weighs about 320 lbs, and feels everyone needs to cater to him because, well, he is so over weight and he can't do anything for himself...because he has blood clots, and half his heart is beating because ofthe gravitational pull from the full moon outside, and when there is no moon outside thenhis hair hurts cuz ofhis blood clots!! the third guy has had knee surgery, and claims they forgot to put his knee cap back in before they shot his incision closed witha industrial style staple gun....then theres me..Mr. Chorns!! ,,I'm the quiet guy in the back of the room nobody notices because everybodyisto busy making sure the big guy is comfortable..

As I sit there wondering when I will be going home, the big guy asks me why I was there in rehab? "well.." I said... " I have chorn's, and my colon decided enough was enough, it didn't like the working conditions any more,and shut down due to lack of interest!!" "Really?!" the big guy says? "oh yes!!" I continued.." I had to have surgery to remove most of my colon, and then they installed the outlet for the port a potty to hook up to" I lift up my shirt, and show him my scar and bag , I watch his eyes get real big, then he turned to look at the fella with the knee surgery.. "Hey!! check this guy out...he has a bag on him!!" the other two look my way, and I stood up to make sure they had a good view and all. Mr. knee surgery says "man ..I don't want to see that!!" and turns his head away,, while the Mr. no big toe said, " my grandma had that... she lived to be one hundred and three!! said the bag gave her a longer life..." he turns and continues to watch TV.. as I put my shirt back down it dawn on me that people made comments when I was crazy sick from chorns flare ups, and now after I had the "surgery" folks are still making comments.!!! well,,,, let them! I read the blogs here on this site from folks who feel like they are rejects or are not good enough any more because they have a BAG on them, and there afraid of what folks will think about them...to that I say forget about what other people think!!!, its about how YOU think.!!!. for those who feel bad about wearing a bag, please don't!! you are still awesome folks!!! you have been through the ringer yes....but your still alive, and you can still be a positive force in the world!!! so think positive!!! stay positive!! good things will come your way!! your mentality creates your reality!!! in other words, you are what you think!! be good to your self. there is a time in life when you walk away from all the drama, and the people who create it. surround yourself with people who make you laugh!! forget the bad and focus on the good,, love the people who treat you right, pray for those who don't.. life is to short to be anything but happy!! falling down is part of life, getting back up is living!! ~hugs to all~ dg44

Past Member
Apr 03, 2011 7:23 am
DG ...well I must say... YOU SAID IT ALL!!!BRAVO!
I coulnt of said it any better!!!

As I have gotten the pleasure to meet and get to know you! I want to thank you for always being a consent reminder to be good to myself....To choose life...you are always so positive and strong...even when it isnt eazy to always put smaile on your face.I value you as a friend and I know that we will remain friends for life! You have been very important to my recovery and to many other ostomates! I am proud to call you my friend! Traci40
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lottagelady
Apr 03, 2011 9:14 am
Great blog - thanks! :)

Rach xxx
Past Member
Apr 03, 2011 12:30 pm
Nothing more to say, you said it beautifully !!!
Thanks DG........Anybody ever tell you that your a VERY WISE man?
"Salute"....BEG
J.J.
Apr 03, 2011 8:11 pm
Wow DG..that was perfectly beautiful.!!.:)

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
Xerxes
Apr 04, 2011 6:31 pm
Hey DG,

Bravo for you! Just think, you are actually in a revival of "One Flew Over The cookoo"s Nest." Sit back and laugh. And your comments about life and how we all contribute is priceless and most uplifting. Why do so many people with ostomies think they are second class citizens is beyond me. Catch you later DG!!
smylin61
Apr 05, 2011 3:47 am
DG!
Thank you for sharing such a great blog. It's amazing that you are where you are at this point in your recovery. You're awesome!
You always keep me Smylin :)
Carolw
Apr 18, 2011 7:43 pm
Well said DG,I have spent to long wasting on thinking of the past,heres to a new future x
LadyHope
May 19, 2015 12:04 am
Thank you DG44. This blog is great. Here is to the living...Take care. LH
Past Member
Jun 21, 2022 12:11 am
Your comment made me laugh and then cry???? but it was a good cry......thank you Robin
Denabeth67
Oct 11, 2022 9:34 pm
Just reading this now. That one guy may be right. His grandma said it gave her life and I feel like it's true. All the things I couldn't do before because I had wasted away to 99lbs. of dying person. Now me and my bag may have bad days and aches and pains but we are definitely no longer dying. Yes we still have a list of conditions - so what. So do a lot of people. Besides I'm still tickled pink thinking about that Secret Society. I'm VERY LUCKY to be here to belong. Thanks for the reminders!
dentalguy44
Oct 12, 2022 3:30 am
Glad you enjoyed them.. I wish I can get back into this one and fix all the mis spellings. Geesh! Tho in my defense I was doped up pretty good at this time..so I'm surprised I was writing in coherent sentences!!
This was 11 years ago!
Anyway.... Your a amazing person never give up on yourself and always keep a positive attitude..no matter how crazy things are around you...
I may write some more posts here soon... I'm over due!
Hee hee heee
Be Awesome!