Let's Get Together This Spring

Replies
Views
Primeboy
Apr 09, 2011 6:50 pm
Sinfulsot and I were chatting this morning about how nice it would be to get together occasionally with fellow ostomates. While some of us will meet in Reno this summer at the UOAA Conference, many will not be able to attend this event. Sinful lives in Rhode Island and I live in southern New Jersey. New York City is somewhere half way. We thought it might be interesting to see if any other ostomates in the greater NY City area would like to join us sometime around late May or early June, perhaps for drinks and dinner. What do you think? Please post your thoughts and let's see what develops.

Past Member
Apr 08, 2011 3:27 pm
I am Sinful Sot and I approve of this blog.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

sherrybear
Apr 08, 2011 7:41 pm
PRIMEBOY i KNOW A COUPLE OF PEOPLE THAT WILL BE THERE,WISH I COULD BUT THIS YEAR ISN'T TO GOOD BUT I;M HOPING FOR NEXT YEAR,SO KEEP THAT IN YOUR THOUGHTS.It would be great to meet some of are chat friends,for we have so much in common sure could keep us busy with talking. Great thinking Primeboy.I live in OHIO if you are ever here i would hope you would stop in always have beer on hand, Sherrybear.glad u approve this blog Sinful.
Primeboy
Apr 09, 2011 3:11 am
Thanks, Sherry. We need to see more of each other. This internet exchange is great but it would be nice to see and interact with the real people behind the texting. Next year in Ohio!
Past Member
Apr 09, 2011 3:23 am
I would love to join you and certainly will try, I know an ostomate that lives in your area now. I will try to come. Chatting with the real person would be ideal. Great idea. Will stay in touch.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Primeboy
Apr 09, 2011 6:51 pm
Steadychic and I met this morning in Cherry Hill, NJ and shared a great deal of our lives in such a short time. It's good to know the people behind the screen names, profiles and posts on this site. We should all do it more often. Hope to see more of you soon.

Past Member
Apr 09, 2011 9:50 pm
Sherry, i think the UOAA convention is every other year.

We are soliciting ideas for location as well as activity(ies).