Embracing Positivity and New Plans Despite Challenges

Replies
Views
Franicaa
Jul 30, 2011 1:00 am

I know I said I wouldn't blog every day, but looking back on my last blogs, it seems like all I do is moan all day every day! So I felt that a change in tone was in order.

Every day is a new day, and (even though I was ill again tonight) for most of the day I felt great, and I think I've really come to terms with the fact that I may well have to keep little Stomeo for life, which I don't mind!!

Plus, I have decided that this weekend at some point I will go to The Range with my mum to treat myself (maybe with a little cash injection from her too)! The Range is a massive shop about 10 minutes' drive away from me that sells everything. And I mean everything (well, apart from clothes)!! It's got pictures and paintings and frames and other home decor, lamps and lightbulbs and hardware, bedsheets and pillowcases and bedding, pet food and animal treats and stuff like hay and sawdust, and then there's the craft section. I won't spend my whole blog listing what they sell in the craft section, but I actually can't think of anything they DON'T sell, so I'm pretty excited for that! Plus, it's my best friend's birthday coming up, so me and another friend are planning a huge surprise for her so we need to organize that.

The main thing is that I'm keeping positive and keeping my mind occupied. Even if that does mean spending a bit of the money I put away to buy a car, I can't drive yet because I've been ill so I'll have to start saving for more lessons first anyway! Plus, when I'm healthy I'll get a job and it will be easier than it has been, plus I've actually got quite a nice little sum of money saved :)

Anyway, it's just a short one this time but at least it's all happy and no downers tonight!

Fran

Past Member
Jul 30, 2011 1:05 am

You are such a bright spot, young lady... I'm so-o-o proud of you!! It's normal to have down times, my dear, and sharing helps us all. We've all been there at one time or another and appreciate and understand the courage it takes to rise above it. To embrace your life, yet to come, is so inspiring and uplifting... With your outlook and strength, there's no end to what you'll do. I, for one, am looking forward to hearing all about it! Keep that pretty face towards the sun, BEG

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

MrsO
Jul 30, 2011 9:07 am

What a great blog. It's so nice to read that you're feeling more positive today. BEG is right, it's quite normal to have down days and hopefully they will get less and less. I hope you enjoy your trip to the shop (The Range sounds fab!) and find lots of lovely things. Stay positive and let us know what you buy. Mrs O xx

Past Member
Jul 31, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi Fran, just reading your blog and all I can say is you're really a positive young woman, and the way you're thinking about if your stoma stays with you... What an inspiration you are to others here, especially the ones in your age group. Thank you for sharing this. Take care, Ambies xx

Primeboy
Aug 02, 2011 2:53 am

Shakespeare had one of his characters in Hamlet say, "This above all, to thine own self be true." In your case, I would modify that advice to say, "To thine own self be good." Life is full of blessings, and it's up to each of us to discover their abundance. You have learned that lesson at a young age, and your courage takes our breath away. Prime

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play