short hosp visit 2hrs

Replies
Views
lynsie
Aug 22, 2011 8:16 pm
my hollister 1pc was not staying friday nite; after changing 3x in a row; burning!! went to hosp where nurse cleaned excess paste; reapplied 2pc, took adervan; got my oldest son to pick me up 2hrs later; didnt really have to wait!! went for short smoke when got there, about to sit downn and was called in! :) indian affairs will cover powder/barrier spray; to be delivered today/tmm! monday today and still sticking!! :)

ron in mich
Aug 22, 2011 9:27 pm
hi lynsie have you tried using an ostomy belt to hold the wafer tighter and maybe help to stop any leaks. good luck ron
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

lynsie
Aug 22, 2011 11:19 pm
hmmm. but got large abdominal hernia like 12x10 right underneath! due lots of sitting only wear a belt to hold hernia! idk maybe...
ron in mich
Aug 24, 2011 1:46 am
hi lynsie is it possible your using too much paste, i only use a little dab of paste if i have a sore spot. the paste is more like a filler and not really sticky to hold a wafer in place. ron
lynsie
Aug 24, 2011 3:23 am
changed today 5th day - might be putting on more, will see how this goes thanks

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Lalu
Aug 24, 2011 3:24 am
Hi, Lynsie. Have you tried using a barrier ring instead of paste? I find it's so much easier to use and not at all messy. Something else I found to be extremely useful, which I've used for months but have yet to see anyone else mention them, are barrier strips. I put them around the barrier and they basically just seem to extend the size of the barrier. Sometimes when I change the barrier and it doesn't seem like it's going to stick for long, I use the barrier strips which seems to have helped. They're made by Genairex and you can call them for samples.Hope this was helpful. Good luck.
nogutz
Aug 24, 2011 3:36 am
Hi Lynsie I stopped using the paste and also the wipes as there is alcohol in both of them When you are weeping it is no good for the wound.And two hours in emergency is a cake walk lucky you, Take care
lynsie
Aug 25, 2011 12:21 am
tried that putty stuff; didnt work for me much too much raises quite abit; will try 1pc, got powder; barrier spray; covered by Indian Affairs! TG prefer 1pc due to curvature!
lynsie
Aug 25, 2011 8:42 pm
how do
Lalu
Aug 26, 2011 4:52 am
After reading Nogutz' post, thought I'd mention Safe 'n Simple wipes. SNS Wipes are much larger than most others and I'm pretty sure there's no alcohol in them - don't know if any of the ingredients are another way of saying alcohol. What I CAN say is that no matter what's going on as far as burning skin, bleeding, etc., these wipes don't ever burn my skin.
valleyjohn
Aug 29, 2011 8:16 pm
For some reason the 2-piece lasts longer than the 1-piece [5-12 days vs 2-3 days]. I apply them with dabs of paste where thhe creases in the stomach are [that's where they always seem to leak]