You take the good, you take the bad...

Replies
Views
Captain Tact
Mar 27, 2014 1:55 am
So I was trying to think of positives and negatives (other than the obvious ones) to having an ostomy. EXAMPLE: Positive - you can say things like "I need this like I need a third asshole.", stomach bugs are not NEARLY as inconvenient. Negative - "No longer able to sit on the throne and read", no more corn on the cob.

Others? I know they're out there, but want to hear people's opinions.

Monsieur Le President
Mar 27, 2014 8:15 pm
I was told I'd never make a rugby player while I had a hole in my arseWellThat didn't work either !
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Primeboy
Apr 01, 2014 2:00 am
Positive: all the friends I have made here. Negative: they won't hire me at Chippendales. PB
Mrs.A
Apr 02, 2014 9:38 pm
Positive: God isn't finished with me yet!Negative: I can't find shoes to match my bag~
Captain Tact
Apr 03, 2014 2:01 am
Haahahahaha!I like that!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Welder43
Apr 03, 2014 3:30 am
When someone scares the hell outta ya you can say I damn near shit my shirt
Diceman
Apr 04, 2014 5:32 am
LOL that is a good one
Past Member
Apr 10, 2014 4:59 am
Positive: I'm alive! Negative: First time encounters with friends/acquaintances after your surgery and their eyes going right to your bag.
stickfloatdave
Apr 10, 2014 7:41 am
i eat corn on the cob and im still alive !!!
nikkib
Apr 11, 2014 7:19 am
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to say Hello. Have a BLESSED DAY, EVERY DAY.
nikkib
Apr 11, 2014 7:19 am
I have an iliostomy, and I started taking a teaspoon a day ofApple Cider Vinegar. Does anyone know if that's to acidic for us ostomates?
Zywie
Apr 16, 2014 3:10 pm
Been trying but can't think of anything positive; there isn't one thing I could put as negative, the list is very long. Wanted to say, though, your answers made me laugh. Thanks !
pete
Apr 16, 2014 5:58 pm
Negative. Mine has a tendency to make its self known at times ie, Fart. Positive. I once met a Nurse who's Boyfriend also had a Colostomy and I asked her if he had the same problem. She said not if I'm with him because he will blame it on me. We both had a good laugh at that