Christmas fun&sun in San Diego

Replies
Views
Pinky
Dec 25, 2011 6:44 pm
This is a little add-on to my forum post.

It really is very warm and lovely here today as on most Christmases. I'm comparing it to last Christmas which I spent in San Francisco with my daughter. It was cold, rainy and generally miserable. Still, I'd take that Christmasover this one...even though I had to change into a summer nightgown because of the heat (from my winter one during the night when it dipped into the high 30s) - I'M IN A NIGHTGOWN!

That's because I came home from my outpatient procedure last Wednesday with a urine catheter still in!!!!!! This is the third time in ten years I've come home like this, and it doesn't get any better with practice! :D I finally got a diagnosis for all the recurrent UTIs and the incontinence: a rectovesical fistula, in other words a hole between my bladder and the rectal "stump". Bad news,from what I am able to gather from WebMD and other sources. And since mine is probably due to radiation damaged tissues, the prognosis is poor without major intervention (like surgery). The only folks with a worse prognosis are you Chrohn's sufferers and my heart goes out to you.

I'll be seeing the urologist on Tuesday for the actual low-down, (and hopefully get this nasty apparatus out) - but for now, instead of running with my doggie on the beach in this glorious weather, I'm stuck at home with this tube up my "pee-pee" and of course the colostomy. It may just be my hang-up but going out with two bags is just too much!

One thing about having this catheter, is it makes the colostomy feel like a breeze to care for! Indeed, there is aways SOMETHING to be grateful for!

Primeboy
Dec 26, 2011 3:02 am
Sorry to hear of your situation, Pinky. For a while last spring I had to have a urine bag in addition to my ileo. I told the doctor that the last time I carried two bags was when I had doubles as a caddie many years ago. The good news here is that as long as you can be grateful for something you can handle a lot of what life throws at you. Good luck! PB
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.