Unbelievable Turnout!

Replies
Views
Jamie93
Jan 05, 2012 7:40 pm
Hello, it me again. I just wanted to say thank you to all people who have helped me on my journey especially my surgeon (Chris Speakman) and all the stoma nurses. Not to mention all of the wonderful people I've met and talked with on this site.

It has now been a few months since I posted my last blog but patience is a virtue. I have finally got rid of the bag following a restorative proctectomy and formation of a Ileo-Anal Pouch. I have a three-month follow up appointment on Wednesday 11th January 2012 at 11:40am with my surgeon and his assistant. I now only have a 10-12 inch scar situated from about an inch above my navel to two or three inches below my pelvic line. I also have a 3-4 inch scar where the stoma was. Just have to keep an eye on them as I had open surgery and am very pleased with the results. Life is so much easier (with regrets and no offence to people who cannot have this operation, sorry to them all.) Infection is the only thing I worry about now as newly created scars can get infected very easily.

Once again thank You for your support. I wiil keep updating my blog on a regular basis as well as answer any questions or queries that any others person has to ask about my experience.

Thanks.

Past Member
Jan 05, 2012 11:57 pm
No apologies needed buddy....CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes for your continued recovery. You can still stay in touch, okay? I love success stories !!!!What a great way to start the New Year....BEG
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Jan 06, 2012 6:58 pm
All the best jamie for the future ..tc ambies..
Beaner
Jan 07, 2012 3:25 am
I am so happy that everything has gone so well for you. I am a retired teacher and am also so happy with what you have done with your life. Good for you! I have my reversal this week...
Jamie93
Jan 07, 2012 8:52 am
Good Luck to you and hope for a positive recovery

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
mooza
Jan 08, 2012 11:44 pm
aww well hello and goodbye ?? jamie i have been quite slack at getting on site too bad i didnt have a yarn with you ..good luck with yer new butt hahahah my humour sozzz :))))))) moozeeeeeeee