My Skin around colostomy

Replies
Views
oldies
Nov 21, 2012 9:19 pm
Hi just been to treatment centre Wed 21st Nov they tell me my skin shows signs of my intestines coming through they want to move mine to other part of my body as I have had it since birth they say it would heal up if I did have operation hhave lived with mine nearly 60years

Bill
Nov 22, 2012 6:12 am
Hello oldies. It sounds as if your ostomy has served you well. There are not many things that last 60 years nowadays. I hope everything goes well for you next time round. Best wishes Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Nov 22, 2012 8:39 pm
Hi Oldies Bills right you have had your stoma for so long and its done well.Having stoma moved could also make things better as it will be sighted in a better place . Ive had mine moved from right to left ,then back to the right for other reasons. I think you will find it much easier also to get on with, and like you say your skin will heal better. Hope all goes well keep us updated. Whos your consultant ?.. tc ambies..
nana1969
Nov 28, 2012 2:31 pm
Thank you for sharing all. I have had mine for 5years. Could you please help me understand what signs of intestines coming through means. I also want to wish Oldies for a quick recovery. Thanks Nana
oldies
Nov 28, 2012 9:46 pm
my skin produced a small uneven skin where the waste comes out have no trouble with it my colostomy is very low down near my leg this was done many years ago nearly 60years

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
nana1969
Nov 28, 2012 10:30 pm
Oh I see. Sound like something the doctors can absolutely treat. Thank you for sharing. All the best Oldies.
hometown
Dec 10, 2012 6:37 am
Hello, if you don't have any problems why move it. Surgery is with risk and I would only have it done if the doctor said it was a necessity. My stoma is also very low and my appliance digs in my leg and the bag is half way down my leg. Surgery is not an alternative for me but i sure wish something could be done Good Luck Hometown
nana1969
Dec 29, 2012 4:49 pm
Hey Oldies, you will be alright. You have managed well for so many years. Good luck.