I like to feel appreciative

Replies
Views
patri
May 30, 2013 11:27 am
It all boils down to the simple fact that it feels good to appreciate. It just points me in a direction that I like to contemplate. I actually said outloud a year ago that I couldn't appreciate my ostomy, it wasn't possilbe. I think I'd be dead from a painful wasting away by now without it. Silly me. I appreciate my ostomy. I love standing up and sitting easily. I can feel my body getting stronger and more lithe again. I like moving freely. I like feeling light and fit. I like feeling bouncing and frisky and an ostomy is no impediment to this. I have quality of living. I have bodily comfort and ease. I've learned discretion with my condition and can walk about feeling comfortable and free. I appreciate my ostomy for giving more life to me. I appreciate it allowing me to raise my children one two and three. I appreciate my ostomy is no impediment to loving grandchildren indeed. And now to invent something that scoops children up and puts then on one's lap since hernia's are a danger for those with ostomy's, but children need to be picked up and put on one's lap regularly..its part of loving them!

I appreciate my ostomy and am interested in life getting even better for me. I appreciate living and feeling interested and happy.

mooza
Jun 01, 2013 9:47 pm
wohooo im glad you have taken to your osty its hard and easy all at once . Having your quality of life is the best feeling and educating our friends and family with out freaking them out i found all funny ways to do this but after 9 major operations and scar tissue life is pain and pain meds if anyone can avoid lots of surgery i would definatley say to stop reversals arnt what we think they will be like ....Anyway congrats on your new self again MOOZA australia XX
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

patri
Jun 06, 2013 12:35 am
thank you mooza, woo who indeed ;)