Considering Colostomy/Liftoff!

Replies
Views
jillian
Sep 05, 2014 3:50 pm
I was on here in June saying I was considering a colostomy. My husband wasn't up for the idea, well we've come a long way since then, now he's on board. I'm scheduled for the laproscopic colostomy surgery Tues. Sept. 9th. After previously not talking to anyone about it, now all my kids know and numerous other people. I credit this site to helping me 'come out of the closet' about it and being able to talk about it. I am excited/aprehensive/hopeful about the surgery changing my life for the better, and praying all will go well. Take care and thank you for the previous encouraging comments.

Mrs.A
Sep 07, 2014 2:31 am
Hi Jillian,Hope you come back to visit when things settle down. I am glad you are hopeful and I too will keep you in prayer.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Sandywr
Sep 08, 2014 6:31 pm
I am very happy with mine. It changed my life for the better. I really hope yours does the same.
Bill
Sep 11, 2014 5:31 am
Having an ostomy has made a hugely positive influence on my day to day life and I hope it will be the same for you.Best wishes Bill