Starting over

Replies
Views
shiningstar
Sep 17, 2014 5:55 am
I'm new to this site, didn't know it existed till recently. When I had my surgery 20 years ago not a whole lot of people knew what it was. There wasn't a huge support system like there is now. I was 24 years old and knew no one who I could relate to. Life sucked back then.

Here it is 20 years later and after teaching myself about my ostomy I'm doing great. I chuckle when someone I've known for a while learns of my ostomy..... The look of disbelief is priceless!

The surgery did not solve or take away my medical condition but it did save my life. Having to look down at my body reminds me not to waste the days we have here, God'sall for us eventually

Mrs.A
Sep 18, 2014 2:46 am
Welcome to the site, I'm sure with your time in with an ostomy you have much to share that may help many.God is good always!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.