lovely holiday

Replies
Views
blueonthetyne
Jul 05, 2015 6:41 am
well im home again after a lovely holiday.

the british weather certainly looked after us withnearly unbroken sunshine and HOT every day. i managed to bury a few demons and swim and sunbathe on the beach, a bit nervous at first but in the end you realise that nobody really cares and you are no different from any body else. the comfizz waist bands with black swim shorts are great even though when wet the bag popped out now and again but it only added to the fun. i did watch what i was eating and took a "what goes in must come out" attitude while on the beach but thats a small price topay to be running and laughing around with my grandughter on the beach. still have another week off work and im looking at the back garden thinking how am i gonna attack that grass.

thank you all again for your support during my BAD time gone.

what a difference a week makes

mild_mannered_super_hero
Jul 07, 2015 11:50 am
sounds like you had a great time.!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

bababoo
Jul 08, 2015 7:46 am
great to hear that you had a good holiday and buried a few demons, now that you've done it once you will do it time and time again...well done you!!! hope you are feeling refreshed and raring to go. take care blue and sending best wishes to mrs blue
blueonthetyne
Jul 08, 2015 9:54 am
hi bababoo,thanks, still not sure whats going on, they are holding off on treatment till they can work out if its her blood with the cancer or the donaor from the transplant, should know next week, one thing is that this time around im in good health so that will be a help, the freeman is one of the top hospitals in the country for blood cancers so its a case of letting them do their best.take care and hope you and your are coping as well
Rosiesmom
Jul 08, 2015 7:36 pm
Hi, Rosiesmom here. It sounds like you had a great holiday. It helps to stoke the fire of self confidence. If I might ask do you live in Newcastle. I thought with your name that perhaps you line in or around the area. I just spent some time in Durham my sister lives in Penshaw. Good luck with the future testing and care.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
blueonthetyne
Jul 09, 2015 5:31 pm
hi rosiesmom,im rosiesgrandad, ha ha.yes I do live in Newcastle, did you get to see the city of Newcastle while you were here.county durham is very beautiful, wild at times in the winter months but always a pleasure to visit.my origins are in the south of England, did you see any of that while you were here.my next challenge is to travel again and I will, last holiday was a great help and I managed to stay in charge quite easily of my little friend and stay one step ahead.I was quite ill for many years with chrons and its a new lease of life to be well.