UOAA St. Louis Conference

Replies
Views
LadyHope
Sep 19, 2015 1:25 am
Hi Everyone, I wanted to post about the UOAA conference that was held earlier this month. My husband and I had the opportunity to attend and it was a wonderful time!! The conference was a combination of educational, networking, and fun. I heard that there was about 400 plus attendees the last time I inquired. There may have been more. Location, location, location.... the Hyatt hotel where the conference was held and where we stayed was literally in front of the Arch. The accommodations were great. Wow,the St. Louis Archwas massive. Yes, I took the tour of the Arch, went up the elevator and had a beautiful view of the city.

The various topics presented during the conference ranged from being a 1st timers to dating with an ostomy and everything in between. They also had a stoma clinic for those who had questions. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, hanging out, partyingand touring the city. Talk about the weather....it was beautiful and very warm. In the evenings, many people got together and planned evening events. The conference committee also had some events planned too including a social with dancing, a party in the President's lounge and a wrap "till we meet again" get together. I believe the next conference is a regional one being held in Dulles, VA the end of April 2016. The 2017 national conference will be in Irvine, California. If you have a moment, please take a look at the UOAA website. They will post photos of the event. Thiswas the second conference that I attended and am looking forward to the next one. Take care and have a nice weekend. LH

Bill
Sep 20, 2015 8:21 pm
Hello LadyHope. Thank you for your informative account of the conference as I was wondering how people got on. I have been to a couple of meetings in the UK and enjoyed the experience so I do hope that everyone else takes something positive from these events as well.Best wishes Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.