Experiencing Increased Gas After Colostomy: Causes?

Replies
Views
ronjeff
Sep 03, 2018 2:00 am

had colostomy 3 years ago.  Lately in evening, I have a lot of gas.  Stool formed well occurs after the gas.  I never had gas like this.  I suppose it’s from diet.....any other reason?

xnine
Sep 03, 2018 4:28 am

Only if you could hook it up to your car.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Sep 03, 2018 6:04 am

Hello ronjeff.  Swallowing air is a common reason for gas at the other end. There are many ways this can happen and some of the more common ones, other then diet are; chewing gum, swallowing saliver (we often don't realise we do this!), swallowing at the end of a breathing cycle intake (this allows the breath to go down the wrong tube in the same way that food can go down the wrong pathway and make us choke.)

I hope this is helpful

Best wishes

Bill 

sassie
Sep 05, 2018 2:34 am

Try Milk of Mag to get the painful gas to move...