Clear CAT scan and blood work

Replies
Views
Hermit
Apr 10, 2017 7:45 pm
Three years ago, colon cancer tumor. Had it removed and had ileostomy for 8 months. Reconnection failed. Now permanent colostomy. Chemo, radiation etc. Had CAT scan and blood work 4 days ago. Came back clear. My oncologist said, l thought you would still have cancer. What a thing to say to patient! Am going to get new oncologist.

halfmoon
Apr 15, 2017 5:17 pm
That is a terrible thing to say to a patient for sure! shame on him or her! I just had my CT scan this past week and I came away clean as well! this is after chemo and radiation, due to Urethra Cancer in 2011. I am beyond ecstatic!! It was a long journey, that has finely come to an end. Good luck in finding a new oncologist! :)
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Hermit
Apr 15, 2017 6:57 pm
Hi, congrats! Have already found one. Having surgery Tuesday to redo my herniated colostomy stoma! Good luck!
halfmoon
Apr 16, 2017 1:25 am
And good luck to you! :)
LadyHope
Apr 24, 2017 2:32 am
Hope you find a great new oncologist! Take care. Ladyhope

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Newbie Dana
May 05, 2017 12:45 am
Good luck! It can be done! Coming up on 5 years post-treatment, and all clear! Join the crowd of survivors - NOTHING can put us down!