Not Always Okay

Replies
Views
Lilmesican
May 12, 2020 8:42 am
I had my surgery on April 1, 2016, April Fool's Day. Each time I tell the story I mention how I was hoping the doctor would come out an tell me it was a joke. That I didn't need the surgery...Psyche!!! That didn't happen.

After complications with radiation for anal cancer a colostomy was the better option. It was the best decision. It has made my life better. I would have been wearing diapers for rest of my life. IT WAS A GOOD DECISION.

Why doesn't always feel that way?

There are still days when I get out of shower and look in the mirror and feel broken. Not that the surgery slowed me down. The opposite, i'm busier than ever. Growing professionally. LIFE IS GOOD.I

I am grateful. I am blessed. I am succeeding. I AM PERFECT.

I am also okay admiting that not everyday feels perfect. I am also okay not pretending that it is. I'M NOT ALWAYS OKAY.

Login to see image

xnine
May 12, 2020 12:41 pm
It is OK to not be OK. Some days are just harder than others. Just something I received on Facebook that caught my eye. From an old blog of mine
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Maried
May 12, 2020 1:46 pm
Remember your ostomy is only a small part of what you are and just enjoy life.
I have had mine many years it was strange in the beginning and this has been my new normal and I agree far better then pooping in your pants!!!
aprangn
May 12, 2020 2:39 pm
I feel Ya. However, I love road trips without having to sit on nasty public toilets, etc...
lovely
May 12, 2020 7:55 pm
Like xnine said it is OK to not be OK sometimes. I think a lot of us feel that way at times. It may not be the ideal situation but it is better than the alternative. Just hang in there and stay safe.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
warrior
May 13, 2020 3:52 am
to be able to put yourself out there and make these comments show that you are in fact ok dude. strong brave . dont kid yourself. u did good. u look good. u know some days youre the hydrant... when other days youre the dog. get it? :)
Lilmesican
Jun 06, 2020 6:39 pm
Thank you so much for all the kind words. I've learned in my almost 50 years that feelings and emotions will come and go.
I'm working on a series of interviews with other ostomates.
If you are interested in telling your story or being part of a panel get in touch.
danielggarza@lilmesicanproductions.com
:)