Unusual Pulsing Sensation Near Stoma After Eating

Replies
Views
ShugarPakket
Mar 16, 2023 1:25 am

After having my ileostomy for three months, after lunch today I had a sensation I've never felt before. There was a pulsing/spasm in my abdomen, near the stoma, as I digested. It's not painful, and I don't have any symptoms that make me think something is wrong (aside from diarrhea, which has been a near constant since my surgery). Has anyone else had this sensation? If so, do you know what caused it?

eefyjig
Mar 16, 2023 9:48 am

I've felt this before, not constantly but intermittently. I'll also have some pain around the stoma if it's working hard after eating fiber. It must have to do with digestion. Did the sensation go away eventually?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

ShugarPakket
Mar 16, 2023 1:17 pm
Reply to eefyjig

Yes, it went away. Definitely related to digestion, I think. I'm just worried there is a partial blockage or something that's causing the sensation. I have recently introduced more fruit into my diet and had some heavier meals for lunch and dinner yesterday. Hopefully, that's all it is.