Disposable Liners - Reviews and Opinions Wanted

Replies
Views
Lovewins12
Jun 14, 2023 11:16 pm

Has anyone tried the disposable liners? If so, did you like them?

Thanks!

DexieB
Aug 25, 2023 6:41 pm

I have a colostomy - 3 months in. When I went back to work, I switched from drainable to disposable bags. I will never go back. Hollister makes a closed, quiet wear bag - it's the only one I'll use. I don't know if it's an option for you, but hopefully it is! I found it too time-consuming to empty and clean the drainable bags.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Beachboy
Aug 25, 2023 7:00 pm

It only takes me 5 minutes to empty/clean the bag. I use Hollister Lock & Roll Velcro. I only clean the locking plastic flange. I used to have a hard time opening the flange. Now I crease the two plastic seals so it's easy to separate them. I'll look up the single-use bags.

DexieB
Aug 25, 2023 7:07 pm
Reply to Beachboy

I didn't mind the drainable bags when I was recovering at home, but once I returned to work, my bathroom time was limited, and it's a shared bathroom—too hard. Good tip on separating the seal!

Beachboy
Aug 25, 2023 10:46 pm

Yeah, I'm back at work too. Emptying the bag makes quite a bit of noise. A quick bag change is the best feature of the 2-piece system.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play