Is My Ostomy Bag Defective or Was It Just Doing Its Job?

Replies
Views
Irjosh
Jun 26, 2016 3:31 pm

Woke up this morning and smelled poo. Thought my seal wasint sealled. Well, I guess my vent on my bag was doing its job. This has never happend before. 4 months in . Is this a defective bag or were the hundred before it bad.

Bill
Jun 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Hello Irjosh. It's difficult to tell whether a particular bag is defective or whether a whole batch is bad. Whenever a wafer lets me down I try to think positively and move on to the next. However, I do have some DIY backup gadgets to help when the situation becomes critical. These wafers and bags are like everything else that's manufactured. Some of them are bound to go wrong sooner or later. I wrote to the manufacturers about one lot that would no seal properly and the next batch I received I had a job to prise from my skin. I was not sure whether they listened and improved the adhesive or whether I had just stumbled on a bad batch inĀ  the first place.

My attitude tends to be 'sh-t happens and I must move on'.

Best wishes

BillĀ 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Irjosh
Jun 27, 2016 7:41 am

Thanks Bill. I think my wafer/seal slipped. Got it now. Lol