Outside or inside -GIRLS

Replies
Views
tmn68
Oct 13, 2023 3:03 am

Is it better to wear your bag inside or outside your underwear ?

C. Difficult
Oct 13, 2023 3:16 am

I wear it outside. I find if I wear it inside the bag is too restricted by two layers (underwear and pants) pressing it against my body resulting in pancacking and sometimes blockage. Also, it's super uncomfortable against me skin. The closure pokes and scratches too much. Ouchers!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

AlexT
Oct 13, 2023 3:16 am

Obviously I’m no expert on the woman part of this 😁 but I’d think most women tuck it in to hide it as much as possible if the placement of your stoma allows that. 

Bill
Oct 13, 2023 7:17 am

Hello tmn68.
Thanks for your post, It reminds me of some  long-forgotten song lyrics which I feel could be plagiarised and adapted to suit the concept:

"Inside- outside, which is best -
a tortured soul or a mind at rest."

Best wishes

Bill

Caz67
Oct 13, 2023 8:15 am
Reply to AlexT

Wrong lol 🤣 xx

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Maried
Oct 13, 2023 2:28 pm

Inside..I buy my pants one size larger to give the bag room to grow. And for work I buy a very light control high waisted underpants.. the material has to be very thin (also one or 2 size larger) which my bag also tucks into..just in case I have an accident the poop pretty much stays in my underwear and does not get on my clothing or shoes. Sounds bulky but my pants are usually made of thin cotton/rayon  the underpants must have stretch and the weave must be tight but the underwear a little loose.

AlexT
Oct 13, 2023 2:53 pm
Reply to Caz67

I’m just a dumb guy. 🤷‍♂️

squirrels in the attic
Oct 13, 2023 4:05 pm

With a watery ileostomy I ensure it is securely against my skin inside my unders.  Keeps the sloshing under control.

tmn68
Oct 13, 2023 5:57 pm
Reply to C. Difficult

Thank you 😊 

tmn68
Oct 13, 2023 6:04 pm
Reply to Maried

I am doing exactly that!! Thank you 

tmn68
Oct 13, 2023 6:07 pm
Reply to AlexT

I don’t think so, anyone who tries to be kind & helpful are usually cool !

Morning glory
Oct 13, 2023 6:24 pm

Inside works better for me. 

C. Difficult
Oct 13, 2023 7:16 pm

Just to clarify..I wear it outside my underwear and inside my pants lol

infinitycastle52777
Oct 14, 2023 1:09 am

I wear mine outside, I don't want anything to restrict the flow of output into the bag. I have been wearing a wrap lately to cover up the bag.

Lee 

7dragonflies.hm
Oct 14, 2023 1:59 am

I have mine outside my underwear too. Felt awkward when it got tucked in once by accident. I wear a wrap around mine too. It's basically a tube top, just lower on the body. :-)

tmn68
Oct 14, 2023 2:54 am
Reply to 7dragonflies.hm

I totally have a tube top deal too🤣😃

Thanks!

NancyCat
Oct 14, 2023 9:14 am

Hiya-I wear my appliance inside my undies. I don't buy a larger size of undies or pants--I usually wear spandex pants, and jeans with some spandex in them, I find that they are more comfortable and also allow my appliance not to feel cramped.

7dragonflies.hm
Oct 14, 2023 1:02 pm
Reply to tmn68

😁👍 It works! Heck, sometimes I fold it in half just to make it a little more supportive, to keep things more snug lol

Gemini16
Oct 16, 2023 2:59 am

Outside!  Feels akward hanging out the bottom of thong undies.  Tried the wrap - felt too constricted and smooshed my hiney.

Hisbiscus
Oct 16, 2023 3:08 am

I wear a corsinol Ostomy support garment suggested by my stoma nurse. It has 2 layers. It has a hole to put the bag through and then the other layer folds over that and has a neat little cut out for the end of the bag to sit in. This garment keeps  the bag totally off of your skin. I own about 10 of these. I started with only one but have built up a good supply of them now so that I can wear a fresh clean one everyday. I consider it my Ostomy underwear. Being a women I would not want the end of the bag anywhere near my private area as that could cause UTI if anything should transfer. 

Redondo
Oct 16, 2023 12:46 pm

Only time I would ever wear it outside is when I first change to just give everything a chance to meld and start working again. I use a full panty and I prefer that to hold everything together. Ostomy Secrets also have undergarments and even swimsuits with a pocket inside of them to hold the pouch. They have them for men and women. I find them a little too cumbersome for myself but some people use them every day.

October22
Oct 16, 2023 4:54 pm

Inside! Since I discovered underwear from Ostomysecrets that has a pocket to hold the pouch, I won’t wear anything else. Expensive, but they have occasional sales. They have men’s underwear as well. There are some other online outlets that sell ostomy underwear, but I haven’t seen anything better or less expensive than Osomysecrets’ selection.

AllieKIM
Oct 16, 2023 9:37 pm

I would wear it whatever way is comfortable for you.  At home and in bed I wear it out of my undies.  When I’m out I just stuck the very end inside undies.  If I don’t the poop can pile up and create a bulge!

AllieKIM
Oct 16, 2023 9:39 pm
Reply to October22

The osteo underwear come up to high at my waist and I don’t like anything tight at my waist.  I find my usual bikini undies work just fine as long as my pants cover the bag up.

PeeweeKiwi
Oct 17, 2023 5:27 am

When I had a colostomy I wore it inside my underwear. With an ileostomy I would need to wear bigger underwear if I don't want it to explode...so, outside for me. 

Redondo
Oct 17, 2023 1:57 pm
Reply to Gemini16

I fold the pouch so that it's not sticking out of the underware and I will empty it often so that it doesn't bulge under my clothes.

tmn68
Oct 17, 2023 10:02 pm
Reply to Redondo

Exactly what I do now