Considering a Urostomy - Pros, Cons, and Maintenance Concerns

Replies
Views
Point
Nov 09, 2023 8:57 pm

I currently have a suprapubic catheter and also wear an adult diaper 24/7. I'm considering getting a urostomy but am not sure of what the lifetime issues might be. Are the maintenance issues with a urostomy very demanding? Is there much concern about leakage and care for the stoma? I'd appreciate any feedback about the pros and cons of an ostomy.

AlexT
Nov 10, 2023 3:09 am

I have no idea about an urostomy, but remember this: every ostomy, no matter the type, is different for everyone. One person has leaks, another doesn't. One can eat whatever while another has limitations. As we are all different in our own ways, so are ostomies. Reading what you described, I'd rather have an ostomy than wear a diaper, but that's me. Good luck either way you choose.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.