Ostomy Awards...........Just a thought!

Replies
Views
nogutz
Jun 06, 2011 3:18 am
....... We could have categories coming out the ying yang! Best recovery, cleanest scars,worst scars { I should have worst wrapped up} medical achievements,awareness awards, and on and on!maybe best blogs posts category and replies most viewed most informed most helpful. and from all ostomy related sites.Help society understand where Health dollars are spent,and the goals we have achieved as well as the goals we are reaching for tomorrow   Awareness of the sponsorships through out the world Educational awareness awards

So in time we would try to gather regional or and in major center's through out the world to celebrate the strength of people on a mission. to perhaps put a end to all these surgeries. With a super drug or natural remedies, what ever it is, to take us to the next level. Putting a end to not understanding the early stages and treatments available if at all possible. Once a year we would celebrate . Give us a reason to meet one another, other then just at our monthly meetings and gatherings.

We could start on this site  {if thats legal} to organize some awards of sort,  to be simple to get it off the ground . and see what happens Do it as a team.  A Great Canadian  Philosopher once said "Keep your stick on the ice" I  think it was Red Green .  We could put a new meaning too "brown bagging it" why not!
Franicaa
Jun 06, 2011 9:12 pm
I love this idea!

And without sounding bigheaded, I would like to nominate myself for "Most Positive Ostomate" haha!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Primeboy
Jun 06, 2011 9:55 pm
Nogutz, I'll never think of a 'brown bag luncheon' quite the same way again. Anyway, I want to second Franicaa's nomination for "Most Positive Ostomate". Maybe we can skip the voting and approve the nomination by acclamation.
gutenberg
Jun 06, 2011 10:23 pm
Hey Noguts, your idea really has a lot of merit, although I'd think Brownbagger of the Year may need a little editing, although it has an appeal that we ostimates could get a hell of a charge out of it, Keep thinking man, you're onto something, Ed

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Franicaa
Jun 07, 2011 12:19 am

Thank you Prime! It's nice to know when people on here notice, not only when you're feeling down but all the support and happiness you give to other people! I hope I have done enough to earn the award!!

Another award could be "Most Knowledgeable Ostomate"

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Past Member
Jun 07, 2011 4:34 am
Franicaa, in the UK Convatec have The Great Comeback Awards for ostomist's you should get a friend to write into them, and write about what you have been through. You never know you could be the next winner.