Hi everyone...

Replies
Views
LincsGuy
Jun 08, 2012 11:06 pm
Just a quick hi to everyone - 'hi'

I had my ileostomy in 1990 because I had either crohns or colitis.Having the stoma is just a part of normal life for me. It has brought back some memories of my illness reading through some blogs on here and I wish people who are still poorly a quick recovery. x

Past Member
Jun 09, 2012 7:51 am
Hi Lincs just to say welcome to the site. Maybe you can give tips and ideas to the newbies on here ..This site is really good and people on here are always willing to help and give there opinions on how they get on with there way of life and coping with there ileostomy. tc ambies..
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

LincsGuy
Jun 09, 2012 8:16 am
Hi Ambies, yes, what a great site and I'd love to be able to help others - and learn new things myself, too.Not sure how long this site has been up but I have been missing out I think.Thanks Ambies and you take care x
honeybblunt
Jun 09, 2012 10:12 am
Always good to hear from others who are leading a normal life. I am hoping that will be me soon, am having surgery in the next few weeks to sort out all the things that went wrong during my original surgery last year. Looking forward to a normal life again so thanks for sharing hope. x
LincsGuy
Jun 09, 2012 10:30 am
Good luck honeybblunt, get better soon x

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Past Member
Jun 09, 2012 11:33 am
Hi Kent, Always especially good to see a local on here. Well local by Meetanostomate standards... Look at all these UK women waving at you! I can see you're going to be very popular!Have a good day
LincsGuy
Jun 09, 2012 1:13 pm
Thanks Angelinthemaking. It looks like a great site to meet people for friendship and for helping if I can, and to pick up any tips etc myself x
Past Member
Jun 09, 2012 4:59 pm
Feel free to ask for any tips lincs,were all in this together, theres always a listning ear . Hope your getting to know the site a little more..tc ambies ....
LincsGuy
Jun 10, 2012 1:31 pm
I will do ambies, there is such a lot to look at, especialy about swimming as I don't go any more :(When I first had my stoma all there was was a magazine that came out around 4 times a year and making contact with others was quite slow. How things have changed :)x
Past Member
Jun 10, 2012 6:35 pm
Hi if theres a reason you dont go swimming anymore then theres plenty of ideas and tips for swimming, be it wearing smaller bags or just having the confidence to go again.When im on holiday i always go in the pool for a swim and have no problems. Yes i know what you mean befor this site ,only having magazines 4 times a year. Thank goodness for the site its open many doors for me in gathering tips and making friends.I have just wrote a poem about the site it was posted 2 weeks ago,if you missed it its on my blogs. under Osteomate tc ambies..
LincsGuy
Jun 10, 2012 8:20 pm
I guess the swimming thing is a confidence thing - appliances was prone to come off easily when I first had my op, so I will pluck up courage and go again.I just joined full membership but the chat is still the same as before - is that right? does it take time to swap over?Thank you x
Past Member
Jun 10, 2012 8:23 pm
Have you tried signing out then back in again,maybe then the change will happen then ambies ..
LincsGuy
Jun 10, 2012 9:47 pm
Tried that but still not right, chat works ok but not showing everyone who is online. Been told it might take 24hrs to re-adjust so see how it goes 2mo. x