Flying .

Replies
Views
Mayoman
Jun 22, 2024 4:00 am

Hi there fellow Baggers ,  just flew in from Ireland , 11 hours non-stop and not a single glitch ...Yipeee!! ☘️ . I didn't eat before my Noon flight , just the bare minimum water intake . I did have the Airline food ( Aer Lingus ) , not Gourmet but edible . Had just  3 bathroom visits , not bad when you use the  Absorbagel or Pearls . I use Absorbagel and it worked really well .  I had a full hour standing just to check in ( can't check in online for International flights ) . Another hour to clear security . Then another 45 minutes for US/ TSA Security and Im.igration . Ireland has US Immigration and Customs , Security onsite in the Irish Airorts . So that's 3 hours without a bathroom but it will be fine if you plan and eat when on the plane . If you are flying alone then it's even more important to think ahead . I always carry a change of clothes in a backpact ...just in case .  I got to the Bay Area without any glitches and that's what counts .The weather is Fantastic.  One more thing that makes your travel easier is that the Security people generally know all about Ostomy Bags / equopment so it's not a big deal . I lifted my T Shirt just a little, swabbed the bag surface , read the scan and on your way . I didn't even have to remove my shoes or remove my Laptop from my backpack ( iif they have the latest machines ) . 

That's it for now , later Ladies and Gents  👍

HenryM
Jun 22, 2024 1:21 pm

Glad you suffered "not a single glitch" on your travels.  But your description of what it took for you to progress from your Point A to Point B reminds me why I prefer to stay put.  Is Ferlinghetti's great bookstore 'City Lights' still open in Frisco?  

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Mayoman
Jun 22, 2024 5:14 pm

The wonderful  " City Lights "  is still chugging along as ever on Colubus . I'm across the GG Bridge in Marin . There are  handy Ferries crisscrossing the Bay and they drop passengers right onto the Embarcadero  , Sausalito etc , the Streetcars get you the rest of the way . I prefer to walk every place but the         " Cliff " that is California Street sometimes requires a jaunt on the Ringy Dingy Cable Cars. Yes indeed it is a pain in the Ass ( literally ) getting here but when you stand at the top of      ( Top of The Mark )  California Street  and take in the amazing views  it's worth it .

" Muir Woods "   alone is worth the 6,500  Mile trip ...right Henry ? 👍☘

Magoo ☘😎