Innovative Drone Use for Stoma Care - Does It Work?

Replies
Views
June Bug
Jun 29, 2024 3:51 am

If anyone knows what I am talking about, please let me know. I saw this video of a young nurse explaining all there is to know about stomas, and this really caught my attention!

Does anybody know what I am talking about? Does it work?

Beachboy
Jun 29, 2024 5:23 am

I must say... nope. You need to clarify your topic title. 😊

A pouch filling with gas?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

warrior
Jun 29, 2024 11:47 am
Reply to Beachboy

I don't think her spell check feature is working. 🤔

Morning glory
Jun 29, 2024 3:12 pm

I have no idea

Beachboy
Jun 30, 2024 1:50 am

(Holding his pea-shaped head)... Beachboy cries in anguish: "I'm so confused."

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
warrior
Jun 30, 2024 3:08 am

Think we need an interpreter here.

I am guilty.

I don't proofread sometimes, but thankfully, "edit" works afterwards. Who knew? Guess no one figured out what the topic question was.

(Theme from Twilight Zone plays. 🎶 Do do do... do.. do.. do.. do..) 🎵

🇦🇺 Jo
Jun 30, 2024 7:04 am

Do you mean like a stealth belt or stoma guard which apparently can muffle the sounds a stoma can make? I don't think they prevent a pouch from ballooning, though. Stealth = drone perhaps? That's all I got! 😊

https://www.stealthbelt.com/muffle-stoma-noise

warrior
Jun 30, 2024 11:12 pm
Reply to 🇦🇺 Jo

Good guess on the drone = stealth.

I was thinking "wrong" = drone.

Spell check on vacation. Still clueless about what the question was initially. 🤦‍♂️

And the plot, or in this case, poop thickens... 😳

Beachboy
Jul 01, 2024 2:42 am
Reply to 🇦🇺 Jo

Who knew? A stoma muffler. Maybe the next innovation will be an ostomy catalytic converter. Poop goes in, potpourri plops out.

June Bug
Jul 01, 2024 3:23 am
Reply to Beachboy

Yes, Nurse Maggie (have you all watched her on the internet?) discusses a variety of topics related to ileostomies and colonoscopies. She herself has had one since she was a teenager. She must be now in her late 20s. Well, I was watching her video about all the "appliances" you need for both ileostomies and colonoscopies. One of them is kind of a cup that you put on top of your pouch so when it gets inflated by gas, you cannot tell. It is called a "dome," or at least that is what I understood. Her messages and lessons appear on my phone, and that is how I listen to her. The day before yesterday, she was showing how to teach your husband or better half how to change your stoma.

June Bug
Jul 01, 2024 3:27 am

This is June Bug again.

My spelling checker indeed is not working, not to mention that I write too fast, which is my fault.

For that, I apologize to you all for trying to figure out what I write!

Beachboy
Jul 01, 2024 3:30 am

Well... the gas has to go somewhere. I would hesitate to put a cup on my stoma. Imagine gas backing up all the way to... dare I say it... your mouth. Now that would be a burp.

🇦🇺 Jo
Jul 01, 2024 6:18 am

Stomadome?

https://stomadome.com/

Checked out Maggie's YouTube channel "Let's Talk IBD" and in one of her (quite lengthy - certainly has the gift of the gab!) clips, she mentions the Stomadome (below around the 13:05 minute mark):

https://youtu.be/gP1JFnbTG7k?si=MT9BmytL39OoXqYs

And my private detective skills are done - you're welcome!

warrior
Jul 02, 2024 1:44 am
Reply to Beachboy

It would make a fire-breathing dragon burst into flames.🤔😆

warrior
Jul 02, 2024 1:45 am
Reply to 🇦🇺 Jo

They get paid by the turd...um...er... I mean word. 🫢

🇦🇺 Jo
Jul 02, 2024 4:14 am
Reply to warrior

🤣 Maybe they should call it Thunderdome?! 🌬️🐉🔥⚔️🐲💥

warrior
Jul 02, 2024 7:07 pm
Reply to 🇦🇺 Jo

...Thank you, Ms. Columbo...😀 Well done. For the detectives...

Kojack and Barney Miller are smiling.

June Bug
Jul 07, 2024 8:25 pm
Reply to 🇦🇺 Jo

Yes! That is what I was talking about! In the video I watched, it is called 'drone'—no spelling mistakes here!

It is to muffle noises, so to speak! Lol! In the video, it doesn't show like a belt though, and I even wondered how it stayed in the same place without falling!

Beachboy
Jul 07, 2024 10:42 pm
Reply to warrior

Holding a lollipop... "Who loves ya, baby!"

Beachboy
Jul 07, 2024 10:55 pm
Reply to warrior

Whaaaat? Paid by the tur... oopsie, word?!!

Do the words have to make sense, or could I babble anything that burples out of the Beachboy yapper?

I must create a web "presence" on a social media site and start pushing products I purport to use. Instead of saying "it works," I'd blather on how it "transforms my daily life in ways I never dreamed possible." So instead of 2 words... My payday would be for 10 tur... oopsie... words. (Warrior is stuck inside my noggin).

Wow... a virtual goldmine just waiting to be exploited.

So farewell for now, my fine fellow Ostemates who provide such wonderful counsel, advice, and experience that has enhanced my daily life living with this damn stoma.

Or I could have said:

Bye.

warrior
Jul 08, 2024 12:47 am
Reply to Beachboy

Or you could have said, "Book 'em, Danno," then bye.

aTraveler
Jul 09, 2024 8:30 am
Reply to June Bug

As Gunther Toody, "of Car 54, Where Are You?", would say: "Ooh! Ooh!"