Life After Ileostomy Reversal - Seeking Advice

Replies
Views
Gags
Jul 03, 2024 11:57 am

Hi everyone, hoping this chat can help. I'm looking for any hints, tips, or tricks after an ileostomy reversal. I'm struggling with the pain and frequency. Some days I will go 4/5 times, others can be up to 10/15.

Morning glory
Jul 03, 2024 1:00 pm

Good luck. Others here will chime in if they aren't on vacation for our Fourth of July holiday. We have several members that have been reversed successfully.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

IGGIE
Jul 03, 2024 2:16 pm

G-Day Gags, if you want to contact me directly, I can tell you about my history of having a reversal. Regards, IGGIE

CrappyColon
Jul 03, 2024 5:36 pm

Hi, I see you mentioned ileostomy reversal. Can you provide any more details about the exact type of reversal you had? Do you have any colon left? Reason for surgeries?

gentlejohn
Jul 04, 2024 11:48 pm

CrappyColon is correct. If your ileostomy was protecting a low anterior anastomosis, then it will take a while before your new rectum develops capacity.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play