Seeking Affordable Ostomy Spray Adhesive Remover

Replies
Views
infinitycastle52777
Jul 08, 2024 9:48 pm

My ostomy supplier doesn't carry spray adhesive remover. I have been trying to buy it on my own out of pocket. I have found it on Amazon, but I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that I could get it cheaper. Does anyone have a good cheap ostomy shop? I really don't like the adhesive remover wipes that my supplier is trying to stick me with. Maybe I use them wrong? They just don't seem as good as the spray. I have one spray left from when they did carry it. That will last me about a month or two. Then I either get the hang of the wipes or buy the spray out of pocket. So, does anyone know a really low-cost place I might find the spray?

Lee

Past Member
Jul 08, 2024 10:13 pm

Hi,

I just looked online. Hollister has a spray for $16.94 at Walmart.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Jul 08, 2024 10:15 pm

50 ml, and free delivery.

kittybou
Jul 08, 2024 11:04 pm
Reply to Anonymous

Walmart.com has it. Can't remember the price though.

Nini4
Jul 09, 2024 3:50 pm

I've been buying mine from Amazon. I'm with you. I do not like the wipes at all.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
AlexT
Jul 10, 2024 4:28 pm

A can of adhesive spray remover should last months. Use the wipes once you get the bag/wafer off.

Hisbiscus
Jul 12, 2024 4:52 am

Try calling Ostogroup in Florida. They may approve you to purchase it since your insurance doesn't cover it. Good cheap prices, but you have to pay shipping.

Little Squirt
Jul 12, 2024 7:33 pm

I don't care for the wipes either. I buy mine on Amazon. The 4-pack Brava is cheaper than buying separately. You also get an extra if you set up auto-ship. I do it every three months.

Beth22
Jul 12, 2024 7:49 pm

Medical Monks is where I get mine. And yes, for me the wipes suck too.

JD
Jul 15, 2024 4:29 pm

I have been using rubbing alcohol on a paper towel. Enough that the paper towel is pretty soaked but not quite dripping. Rub the paper towel against the edge of the wafer, gently pull, rub the paper towel, gently pull, repeat. After the bag is off, I use the adhesive remover wipes to clean things up and then jump into the shower. The infusion nurses used alcohol wipes to get my bandages off each time, so I figured I would try it. I agree, the spray is easier, but this is another option to consider.