Seeking Feedback on Dansac NovaLife 1 Ostomy Pouches

Replies
Views
Gden
Jul 24, 2024 6:44 pm

Hi, everyone!

I received today the samples I ordered: Dansac (Hollister) NovaLife 1 TRE™ Closed and Open Soft Convex 1-Piece ostomy pouches (Maxi).

Link to these products:

https://www.dansac.co.uk/en-gb/products/Ostomy-Care-Products/NovaLife

I am hesitating to even try these because after I already ordered them, I read somewhere else about several problems with Dansac NovaLife 1 pouches.

Does anyone please have some feedback, experiences, or opinions to kindly share? It would be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much, my friends. 🙂

George

P.S. Why I am writing "Dansac (Hollister)": Dansac was founded in 1971 in Fredensborg, Denmark. Since then, Dansac has become part of Hollister Incorporated, which is located in Libertyville, Illinois, USA.

IGGIE
Jul 25, 2024 8:54 am

G-Day Gden, never take other people's remarks as something you should not try. Just because something doesn't work for one doesn't mean it won't work for you. It's a process of elimination for each person. Regards, IGGIE

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Gden
Jul 25, 2024 10:15 am
Reply to IGGIE

Thank you so much, Iggie. Here's one – and not the only one – of the reviews that made me wonder:

Soft Convex One-Piece Stoma Bag Review: Dansac vs Hollister

https://meandmycrohns.health.blog/2020/05/03/soft-convex-one-piece-stoma-bag-review-dansac-vs-hollister

That is from 3 May 2020, so sure a bit old, but still interesting.

More opinions, experiences, anyone? 🙂

IGGIE
Jul 25, 2024 2:56 pm

G-Day Gden, I use Hollister, a convex two-piece, and a seal washer, and I am very happy with this setup. My Hollister part numbers are as follows: Hollister Bag 18182, Base Hollister 11503, washer is a Brava 7737, and this works well for me. But that's for me, Gden, now let's try and find one for you. Try them all and come up with the best for YOU. Regards, IGGIE

Gden
Jul 25, 2024 2:59 pm
Reply to IGGIE

Thank you again so much, Iggie. Very kind of you. 🙂

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play