Irrigation

Replies
Views
Carolw
Jun 14, 2012 8:15 pm
First of all, to all my ostomy friends whom dont have the choice to irrigate,I am so sorry,I have no choice of a reversal so have to think of all options to make my life easy.I would like to try and find out how many of us on this site that have had a chance to try, wether it was succsessful or not irragation..I bielive most people in Italy irragagate( if possible),I wasnt told about irragation(),I found out about it on the internet),I feel that so many of us would not have gone through the bad times if we would have known what our choices where,I work on a cancer unit 2 days a week and I tell all of my patients who have a extra friend on our bodys about this site, it gives them hope after reading all blogs,look forward to response to this xxxxxxxxxx

sherrybear
Jun 17, 2012 2:19 pm
Hi Carole, I did irragage for awhile,but hernia's stopped that. I'm having surgery this Wed.20th. After I'm better I'm going to do it again.I sure is alot easier when you are in a hurry to go,you dont need all supplies to take with u,and you make your own time when to irragate. And for this siteike you said it is great for people new to our world,lot of help here.xxxxxxxx
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Carolw
Jun 18, 2012 6:13 am
Hope all goes well with your surgery,be thinking of you,look forward to reading of your recovery xxxx
amitg
Jun 19, 2012 2:39 pm
Hi Carole, I have had the colostomy for 26 year, first left side, and for the past 20 years, right side. I too don't have a choice for reversal. For the first 6 years, I had irrigated too, but now I do not have to. I am 36 and for more than half of my life I have had colostomy. Its part of my life and I have adjusted to it very well. I am married, my wife takes care of me well, she takes keen interest in to the care, we have a daughter who just turned 5. Please let me know if I can be of any help. I have invented so many new ways to deal with this. I am a business owner, do a ton of traveling. I also educate TSA while going through the security check, make them aware. Initially I found it very difficult, but traveling is my bread and butter, and made efforts to educate people.
Carolw
Jun 19, 2012 8:13 pm
Hi amitg,thanks for your reply,I have been irrigating now for just over a year,would love to hear of your inventions,anything to make life easy, all though I do get on with my life now.Its been almost 3yrs since I had my rectum removed,it was 4yrs ago I had a tempory colostomy,had so much pain I had no choice but to have a permanant one,not through illness but through a simple operation that went wrong.I too am married to my childhood sweetheart,34yrs this september,we have 3 grown up children and 5 grandchildren that I love dearly that is why my life is for living.You will have to post a picture of your little girl on here and keep intouch,thanks once again xxxxxxx

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
David S
Jul 04, 2012 2:16 am
Hi,I have been irrigating for 14 years every day. From set-up to put-away the entire process takes 10-15 minutes. I have detailed instructions I wrote up if you'll send me your e-mail.BTW, I was not told of irrigating either and had to find out on my own.
southern bell
Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm
I AM TOTALLY INTERESTED IN YOUR LIST OF INSTRUCTIONS ON IRRIGATING. I HAVE BEEN IRRIGATING FOR 3 YEARS NOW BUT IT IS WAY LONGER THAN 15 MIN MINE IS LIKE 45MIN TO AN HOUR I CAN'T SEND YOU A MESSAGE BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE FULL MEMBERSHIP BUT MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS PONTIAC.G.TO1@HOTMAIL.COM IF YOU COULD SHARE WITH ME I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THANKS!!
vanestag
Aug 08, 2012 6:57 pm
I also would like your instructions. I have not yet irrigated and is a litle anxious about it. Been reading everything I can. WOC nurse said I would be able to do it following instrution. Boy, does she have alot of faith!