Irrigation Kit Compatibility with Two-Piece Colostomy Bags

Replies
Views
Blueiyz
Jul 26, 2024 8:17 pm

Hello, I use a two-piece colostomy bag and base plate. The bag has a big round sticker that sticks to the base plate. I want to try an irrigation kit, but it seems the irrigation bags are meant to clip on to the other type of base plate. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

mild_mannered_super_hero
Jul 27, 2024 11:33 am

Your irrigation sleeve can be held to your bare skin with a regular ostomy belt. I have used this method for many years with no issues. If you have any other irrigation questions, I would be glad to give you my input. I assume you have asked your doctor or nurse to be sure that you qualify for irrigation? Not everyone does. Good luck and post your results 👍

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Douglas john
Jul 27, 2024 2:30 pm

Hi. Mild mannered super hero is right. You must check that irrigation is okay for you. Sleeves can be obtained from Hollister or Coloplast; both can supply. These are reusable sleeves which attach to a base plate (and belt). With washing and sterilization, I keep the same sleeve going for 18 months without a problem. Coloplast also supplies a full gravity irrigation kit. I'm in England, by the way. Stick-on sleeves... Ugh! Have I had fun with them in the past.