Ladies: perfect evening ostomy dress

Replies
Views
eefyjig
Sep 18, 2024 9:32 pm

Login to see image

Ladies (or those who support them!) My son is marrying in Chicago in March. After much thought about what kind of dress would work with an ileostomy and still look good, I found this dress by Adrianna Papell. The material is light and it has some cross draping in front to help conceal a rapidly expanding bag, should I find that happening and need to wait before hitting the rest room. I know I learn about fashion tips from all of you so thought I’d share mine. I purchased a green satin sash (it’ll be St. Patrick’s Day weekend) to wrap around my waist and let hang down for added protection but may not need it. 🙏🏼 

Morning glory
Sep 18, 2024 10:59 pm

Nice choice. You look great. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

🇦🇺 Jo
Sep 19, 2024 12:24 am

Looks fabulous! 👍

Have also discovered that cross draping, wraparounds and ruching on clothing (tops, shirts, bathers) - for me - hides not only the bag but a multitude of sins (like my curves and the carbs that created them)! 😅🍩🍰🧁😊

CrappyColon
Sep 19, 2024 1:03 am

That dress looks amazing on you! I love the green sash accessory over that weekend. Not sure how much time you’ll have but I’ll have to send you a list of some favorite restaurants. 

w30bob
Sep 19, 2024 1:10 am

Eefy..........that looks GREAT!  Somehow I don't think it will look as good on Choo-Choo or Warrior...........but YOU are killing it, sister!  Can we hire you to find the rest of us some ostomy-proof clothes?

;O)

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
kittybou
Sep 19, 2024 1:46 am

Wow! Beautiful!

Rose Bud 🌹
Sep 19, 2024 2:14 am

You look absolutely beautiful!!! 🥰 ..It really fits you well!!! NOW if somebody can help me find a wedding dress or suggestions.Everything so far feels too tight or seems like it won't have room to expand and not look poofy under...It's a October wedding so I can't wear a pretty sun dress(some I found really fancy ,but don't want to be cold considering it's in the midwest) which I found look good and are comfy!!!

🇦🇺 Jo
Sep 19, 2024 2:48 am
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Congratulations Rose Bud!  💍👰🏻🤵🏻🕊️𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒

Perhaps empire style (high waisted) or a fitted bodice with a full skirt, anything vintage (I've noticed 50's styles are always good at hiding what's underneath).

Would love to see a picture of whatever you choose!

Login to see image

If it was me I'd go full on fairytale boho! 😍

Login to see image

Rose Bud 🌹
Sep 19, 2024 3:19 am
Reply to 🇦🇺 Jo

Ooohhh...Thanks Jo those are really pretty..🥰 .I have some idea ..just don't know where to go...I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to order it online..not finding much at bridial stores. PLUS I'm not very traditional (long white dresses)..It's outside wedding / with bond fires at night...haven't figured the rest out other than Halloween wedding .

🇦🇺 Jo
Sep 19, 2024 3:58 am
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Excellent ~ a Halloween wedding ~ definitely no white dress needed ~ you could 𝖌𝖔 𝖌𝖔𝖙𝖍!  ˚₊‧꒰ა🍂🍁🧡  ໒꒱ ‧₊

Login to see image

Hisbiscus
Sep 19, 2024 4:12 am

Now that really is a perfect ostomy dress!! Very pretty as are you! 

Beachboy
Sep 19, 2024 4:46 am

Amazon has lots of dresses.  They have an excellent return policy in case clothing doesn't fit.

truleigh
Sep 19, 2024 9:33 am

Lovely dress looks great. I have discovered dresses with a side twist or ruching at the waistline are good for hiding the stoma pouch. The summer was very hot in Spain and my usual outfit of elasticated crop trousers and longish loose tops was very uncomfortable. I have found an online company in UK that have several dresses of this design. 

Nini4
Sep 19, 2024 10:46 am

Stunning! I love the dress, the color looks amazing on you. Congrats to your son.

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:26 am
Reply to 🇦🇺 Jo

Cross draping, wraparounds and ruching are the way to go! 

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:27 am
Reply to Morning glory

Thanks, it took several tries to reach this one!

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:30 am
Reply to CrappyColon

Thanks, Jodie, our time IS kind of limited but please share your suggestions. We won't have a car this time and we'll be staying near the Chicago Winery. 🤗

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:33 am
Reply to w30bob

Thanks, Bob. Hmm, I have become a pretty good online shopper for ostomy-friendly clothing - I can eyeball things pretty well - but I won't charge for my services!

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:33 am
Reply to kittybou

Thanks, Kitty, and so comfortable!

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:38 am
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Congrats, Serena! What a beautiful time of year to get married! Jo's got the eye for what we need and what looks great. Google "flowy wedding dresses." A lot is coming up.

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:39 am
Reply to Hisbiscus

You're very sweet, thank you!

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:43 am
Reply to Beachboy

They do, I've ordered several and returned many so easily. I don't think I'll ever buy a dress in person again.

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:45 am
Reply to truleigh

Definitely the side twist, ruching, layering are good for us and anyone looking to cover that middle area. Glad you found a company that works for you.

eefyjig
Sep 19, 2024 11:48 am
Reply to Nini4

Thanks, Nin. I returned a lot of dresses before I found this one but I could just tell by looking at it online that it would work. Can't believe my 6' 2" baby is getting married!

AlexT
Sep 19, 2024 5:33 pm
Reply to Rose Bud 🌹

Congrats. 

Rose Bud 🌹
Sep 19, 2024 8:16 pm
Reply to AlexT

Thank You Alex 😊

Rose Bud 🌹
Sep 19, 2024 8:20 pm
Reply to eefyjig

Thank You.... and Thanks for your suggestions!!! I've seem some just a little nervous ordering things online...sometimes it's NOTHING like you see in pictures.

Rose Bud 🌹
Sep 19, 2024 8:22 pm
Reply to 🇦🇺 Jo

I've thought about black...or a deep burgundy...so you must have known me in a past life 🤭

TerryLT
Sep 19, 2024 8:54 pm

As Billy Crystal would say, 'You look marvelous!!'.  Careful now, you don't want to outshine the bride!

Terry