Undergoing My Medical Procedure Today

Replies
Views
Boalsman
Oct 07, 2024 5:05 am

Been anxiously awaiting for today. I have great confidence in my medical team. Started evacuating my bowels. The large capacity bag from Hollister has been a huge help. I will do my best to document my experience. 

Beachboy
Oct 07, 2024 5:59 am

Good luck.  Hope all goes smoothly.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Newhere
Oct 07, 2024 8:03 am

See you on the other side, all the best with your op.

Kas
Oct 07, 2024 9:55 am

Best wishes for a successful surgery & speedy recovery!

ron in mich
Oct 07, 2024 12:51 pm

Good luck and speedy recovery.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
IGGIE
Oct 07, 2024 1:39 pm

Keep us up to date mate. Good Luck. Regards IGGIE

Riva
Oct 07, 2024 1:48 pm

You’ve got this.  Good luck 👍 

#Highlyfavored
Oct 07, 2024 7:14 pm

Have a safe reversal surgery, blessings .

Jayne
Oct 08, 2024 2:36 am

Thoughts are very much batting for you - hope all goes to plan.

BW for speedy recovery...

Just take it easy - not too much too quickly.

You are a lucky beanie.

And Boalsman, thank you for intending to document your progress - I know these journeys are of great interest to us all.

Thank you for sharing yours.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ waves  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jayne

Boalsman
Oct 08, 2024 2:39 pm

REPORT #1

Surgery took over 4 hours. Using robots, we had difficulty with the rectum. After the first round of staples, air leakage was detected. The surgeon put in another round of staples. Because of the second round, it was determined that the rectum/colon connection needed healing time. Consequently, an ileostomy was put in place. I'll be back in the hospital in 3 months to finish the job.

Taking Tylenol for pain. Don't want narcotics to constipate me. Hoping to be discharged tomorrow or the next day.

Although disappointed, my spirits are high. My confidence in my medical team remains high. I'm a fighter and will not be deterred.

DexieB
Oct 08, 2024 7:20 pm

Hi Boalsman! I am sorry to hear you encountered difficulty, but the 3 months will fly by! Take the pain meds if you need them.   Keep up the positive attitude.  Wishing you the best!  

Beachboy
Oct 09, 2024 8:29 am

Glad to hear you made it through surgery. As Rose Anna Danna on Saturday Night used to say: "It's always something!" Those damn rectums are always causing trouble. 😊 Wishing you a quick recovery.