pinching of skin

Replies
Views
dsweets
Oct 20, 2024 3:46 am

like know what one uses so as not uncomfortable where adhesive is on skin down sides and bottom of bag i use barrier around stoma just very uncomfortable most time cry myself to sleep! any suggestions be appreciated. tried so many bags but is not bag but adhesive. thank u

Kas
Oct 20, 2024 12:29 pm

Have you tried different products?  I can only use Hollister because the other adhesives tear my skin up.  You could call other companies to get samples to see what works for you.

otherwise,  your stoma nurse may have ideas.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

ron in mich
Oct 20, 2024 12:30 pm

Hi Dsweets i use a flat all pectin wafer and the only time it feels like its pulling on my skin is if i let the pouch get too much output in it.

infinitycastle52777
Oct 20, 2024 7:37 pm

Maybe you are allergic to the adhesive and should try a different bag. Also try putting the skin barrier wipe or wand all around where the adhesive touches your skin. I do that and it helps. There is a little itching when I first put on a bag but then that goes away in about half an hour. 

Hisbiscus
Oct 21, 2024 12:54 am

You may need help from a stoma nurse to.give you advise. Your question not very clear. I see you say the bottom is pinching you? You may be trying to pull it too tight when putting it on as I have  done that before. When putting it in just lay it on and don't pull upwards or downwards. Use a mirror when putting in the new pouch. Even a gand mirror will do.  If you meant that it's pinching when taking it off you may need adhesive remover wipes or spray? 

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
dsweets
Oct 21, 2024 2:28 pm

thank u for all suggestions only one haven't tried is pectin wafer. just having hard time mentally adjusting to new way of life.