Looking for Portland, OR Mentor

Replies
Views
Past Member
Jul 25, 2013 8:14 am
I’m scheduled for surgery later this month that will leave me with a permanent colostomy. I’d like to meet someone in Portland who wouldbe willing to help me get started. I’m 49 and very active, so some one who likes to exercise and travel would be a great fit. I admire all of you who are handling this with such grace and helping each other in this forum. Honestly, I’m not sure I can go through with it but I’m pretty sure I can’t do it alone. o/o

EndFragment
moonperro
Jul 25, 2013 11:01 pm
Hello,

I am not sure I am the mentor you are looking for but I am a person you can talk to.  I don't live in Portland but am moving there within the next couple months.  I just sold my place and will be up there this weekend looking earnestly for a place to buy.  I had a colostomy in Jan 2012 so I am fairly new to it but I think I have adjusted well to the change.  I can tell you about my experience with figuring out how to deal with it.  I do exercise but not religiously and I don't travel all that much except for a twice yearly trip to Hawaii.  I'm 64 and live in San Francisco now.

Terence
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Jul 26, 2013 2:12 am
Thank you, Moonperro. I'll watch for you online and hope that we can chat soon.

-C