Question about things you can wear over ostomy bag

Replies
Views
lanabana
Aug 23, 2012 4:02 pm
Hi, I have read several different posts in which people reccomend different yummie tummie products, spanx products, and other things such as this. I am not sure which one to get or which one works best and these are things I dont think you can try on. My main issue is that when my bag starts to fill up its all at the bottom area and getting fatter and fatter. also when I wear jeans the surgeon and wcon said to make sure the stoma is above the jeans which is fine but Sometimes it doesnt work as well and different people have suggest wearing a spanx tank (longer one) does anyone have more specific advice or more suggestions, even if you have told me before?

Thanks Elena
vulcanBMk2
Aug 23, 2012 5:32 pm
Hi lanabana --not sure if you have a company named Comfizz , in your part of the world ?? They do some unisex long leg undeshorts  ( a bit like racing cyclists wear ) They are pretty good , with tummy & thigh support & keep the bag in a secure position & hugged close to the body . Although I am a male Urostomate , I feel they may be of use to any sex & any Ostomy !! I wear them & find them very comfortable .
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.