Swelling Near Ostomy Site - Cause for Concern?

Replies
Views
Slow momma
Jul 05, 2013 3:16 am
I've had my ileostomy for 3 months now and yesterday when I was getting my wound care done they noticed I had swelling about 2 inches to the left of my ostomy site on my abdomen. I'm wondering if this is anything to be concerned over?? It's a little tender but don't throb or anything like that.. I have a lot of abdominal pain but that's from my surgeries. I don't see my doctor till next Monday and not sure if I Need to call in and report this....Anyone else have a problem like this??    Thanks, Barbara

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th today!! I got to see my son that lives about 2 hours away. What a blessing! Had a cookout. Rained nearly all day. They had to do the grills in the rain lol! It's pouring hard out now....we've had enough rain....
Past Member
Jul 06, 2013 11:56 am
If there is no pain, it could prob'ly wait till your appointment.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.