Convatec Flanges and Hernia Discomfort: Seeking Advice

Replies
Views
Kathy
Oct 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Does anyone find the rings on the convatec flanges painful when they press on a hernia? Seem to think a stick on pouch might be more gentle. Any experience out there with this?

letsrock
Oct 28, 2015 9:46 pm

I just tried the moldable one from convatec.....it is hard to get on...almost went out to shop to find a hammer..lol... You do have to push pretty hard...
Login to see image
 Been using the ones from Hollister, at least with the flange I was using I could get my fingers behind it to snap it together

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

iMacG5
Oct 29, 2015 1:48 am

Hey Kathy, if you use water to wet the ring on the wafer, the pouch ring will go on more easily. If you use a drop or two of baby oil on your finger and lightly run it around the ring on the wafer, the two pieces will go together very easily. That's been my experience.

Good luck,

Mike

iMacG5
Oct 29, 2015 1:52 am

ConvaTec has a pouching system like Letsrock's Hollister. If you call ConvaTec at 1-800-422-8811, they'll fix you up.

Mike

SORCHIA
Nov 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Try the one piece bags, they don't have a hard ring, they are very soft. After trying the one piece sensura mio and the micro skin types I never went back to the two piece bags. The one piece are softer and more comfortable, the only drawback I have found is you can't burp the air out of the bag and the filters don't seem to work, at least they don't in the Sensura Mio bags. Shield Health Care 1-800-228-7150 can fix you up with some decent products, they take Medi Cal or Obama Care, and they deliver your products right to your door. They never seem to mind my changing products every month as I like to try new things. It is the only way I can find out what is out there and I often stumble upon items that are very nice and make life better. Ask the companies for samples, they are always more than agreeable to sending out samples as it inevitably boosts their sales of product. Good luck to you, Lisa

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play