Does Sleeping on the Opposite Side Soften Your Hernia?

Replies
Views
Jay1970
Apr 24, 2017 12:02 pm

Hi good afternoon,

I have had my stoma now for 6 and a half years and i have a hernia with it which i have had for some time.

Im curious to know if anyone else with a hernia finds that if they sleep on the opposite side does the hernia feel soft in the morning.

Thanks for everyones help.

Jay

Bill
Apr 25, 2017 5:22 am

Hello Jay.

Thanks for your interesting post.

Because I also have a hiatus hernia besides the parastomal one, I sleep in an almost  sitting postion to prevent reflux. This means tha I do not get the luxury of being able to turn over into different positions. Nonetheless, I have noticed that the parastomal hernia is softer in the mornings, which I put down to the long period of being inactive and giving it a chance to settle down and relax. Logically, if we get these things by doing something active, then it makes sense that if we are inactive it will have a different effect.  Of course I may be completely wrong about this but I like to have  reasonable explanations for things,  even if they eventually get proved to be wrong.

Best wishes

Bill 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.