Fort Worth Ostomy Support Group Meeting Highlights

Replies
Views
DonBrown1943
May 23, 2017 6:43 pm

I attended another great meeting yesterday. My wife and I both enjoyed it. I learned a couple things. First, people who have ostomies will talk about anything at all without any qualms or mental restrictions. The social fellowship is as important as the knowledge content. Secondly, never ask someone who has an Ostomy to show you. They will do it in a heartbeat! The story was told about one of our group who was in a TSA check in line at an airport. The agent noticed a bag showing on the scanner and told our man he had to take it off. He said, "OK!", unzipped and ripped the bag off the flange right there in the public view! The agent ran backwards screaming "Put it back!"

It seems that some of us in overcoming mental inhibitions don't just overcome them; we obliterate them!

Gemd
Dec 05, 2018 9:22 pm

Yep our qualms go out the window.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.