Hysterectomy with a Continent Ileostomy: Seeking Advice

Replies
Views
littlered1
Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm
Has anyone with a continent ileostomy (Koch pouch) had a hysterectomy? I have had CI for over 30 years and am concerned about having this surgery. I would appreciate any experience, advice, etc.<

>
cmdcwc
May 29, 2018 11:47 pm

I had my ileostomy and hysterectomy done during the same surgery, along with repairing a hernia of my rectum and my bladder. everything was done through my navel. the hysterectomy was a “nothing-burger,” meaning no pain.  All I had was three small incisions from the laperoscopic part of the surgery. After all the snipping was done, they pulled my uterus, cervix and ovaries out through the vagina. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.