Painful Peanut-sized Bump Next to Stoma: Complications?

Replies
Views
skidder
Apr 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Sorry subject line so long! 

Developed small pimple next to stoma 3-4 months ago while beginning our 3 month vacation in our RV.

at present, it looks the size of a small peanut and bleeds. It is painful when touched even by ostomy pouch. There is no fecal drainage from the 'peanut'.

anyone familiar with this? I have a Doc appointment 4-24-18. I made the appt in Feb 2018! 

iMacG5
May 05, 2018 2:11 am

Hey Skidder, just read this post and feel kind of stupid for not replying sooner. Not that I could've helped, but at least we might have determined a plan. Hope everything is working out for you and I would love to hear a progress report.

Respectfully,

Mike

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

skidder
May 07, 2018 12:38 am

Hey Mike, Skidder here. Went to Walter Reed/Bethesda to see my doc. After all the looking, prodding and whatever, they said they could remove it right then in the operatory since it was not connected to the stoma. There was normal skin all the way around the stoma and this 'skin tab' was in  no way connected. I was so tired of having that thing bleed and be painful when touched and/or touched by my pouch I told the doc to remove it. After numbing the site, the doc removed it and cauterized it and sent it off for a biopsy. I have had no issues since. Normal output, no bleeding, swelling, fevers etc etc. all is back to normal. I had to cancel my appt for Tuesday, May 8 to get the results. I have tried to get to talk to the lead doc as the military hospitals have teams of Doc's as opposed to individuals you see. I have not received a response and I've made two calls and tomorrow will be call #3. I have no problem rescheduling but feel I deserve a response at lest acknowledging my call. So I wait. Mike thanks for responding! You said something about a plan?? 🤔

iMacG5
May 09, 2018 1:55 am

Hi Skidder. Thanks so much for the update. It sounds like you're way better off than you were a few days ago. Sorry you're not getting to see your team as soon as you would like, but enjoy the relief and send us more good news soon.

Respectfully,

Mike