Has Anyone Else Had a Colostomy Bag Mishap Like This?

Replies
Views
drfields24
Apr 20, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi 👋 everyone...so I’m watching this good movie..I paused it to go empty my bag(colostomy )made a mess accidentally on the toilet ..then when I poured the deodorant in my bag went straight through the bag down my leg onto the floor had to jump into the shower 😫😫😫.. change out my bag  what was suppose to be 5 mins turns into an hour fifteen...darn I missed my place in the movie 😑😑😑!!!

mild_mannered_super_hero
Apr 20, 2018 9:46 pm

yes, i can recall many "horror stories" back before i started irrigating. i think the silliest thing i ever did was rush home during lunch hour to change a leaking flange...i was in a hurry and didnt  peel the backing off.....i got it on, paste and all, turned around to refix my clothes and it just fell off in the floor!!! i learned better to be a few mins late than rush thru and make a mistake like that. :)

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Bill
Apr 21, 2018 5:49 am

I too recall a few times when things did not go true to plan. However, the worst of these was when  I was irrigating and the sleeves came off mid flow. Those of you who don't irrigate might not appreciate that, when irrigating,  the output is akin to a a high pressure water hose and without the sleeve to channnel it into the toilet, it it's like a farmer's muck spreader. It would take hours to clean up afterwards and weeks to get rid of the pong. Eventually, I made my own device to keep the sleeves in place with a double belt.  Quite a drama at the time but with hindsight it makes a good story and despite the problems, I still prefer the stoma to what went before. 

Best wishes

Bill