How I was shown to reduce a hernia

Replies
Views
Gus
Jan 27, 2010 12:37 am
My surgeon showed me this. It can be a little uncomnfortable and even painful but it works and he said there is little chance of injuring yourself.

My hernias are para stomal which means they are all around my stoma. I have approx 18 inches of mesh holding my belly together so the hernias are pushing out around the mesh. I lay on my back and relax,, feel around my stoma till i find the hernia or the bulk of it. Then with the flat of my palm I work that area in a circular motion till the hernia pops in. You will feel it go in ,, it either is very uncomfotable for a second or theres a little bit of pain as it slides back between the muscle. Relief is almost instantaneous if its causing you bother. You can do this with any other hernia that you can touch with the palm of your hand. My incisional hernia was put back in in the same fashion. DO NOT! and i repeat DO Not use your finger tips or knuckles, You can cause all sorts of grief by either pinching off the bowel of widening the weak spot. So try it but always use the palm of your hand.
gutenberg
Jan 27, 2010 2:40 am
Hey Steve, many thanks your post has been coppied and saved. Shall have a go at it starting tomorrow, again,

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

Login to see image

thanks Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

beatrice
Jan 27, 2010 7:36 pm
Thanks!