Dealing with Excessive Output in the Morning - Need Advice

Replies
Views
Dancingthrough
Feb 06, 2019 2:25 pm

Hello. I had my colostomy in October 2018. Everything has been going quite well and I'm adjusting to my new life. I have decided to give irrigation a go. I have chosen the morning to do the routine as that would work for me and I have always been a morning pooper. My problem is I have so much output still in the morning that I don't know if I need to wait until it stops or just go for it. I was ready to start at 7:30 this morning but still waiting at 9:30 to stop pooping. Advice needed. Thanks

scorsby
Feb 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi.

Are you putting in a full 1.5 liters of water and giving yourself a good 40 minutes to relax to the poo out? Relax and don't rush.

John

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 37,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Dancingthrough
Feb 06, 2019 8:59 pm

I'm not even getting to that point. The poo won't stop long enough for me to put the funnel or water in.

scorsby
Feb 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi.

Don't wait. Fill up regardless. Leave your sleeve on clipped at the bottom and relax for 30 minutes. The water will flush all the poo out.

John

scorsby
Feb 06, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi

Don't be nervous. Shove that comb in and fill up. You can't do any harm.

Beat Billy Bowel into submission. Be the boss.

John

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister

Play
Dancingthrough
Feb 06, 2019 10:00 pm

Thanks John. I will be the boss. Being the first go at this, I was not sure. It's great to be able to talk with experience.

Pauline

Puppyluv56
Feb 06, 2019 10:32 pm

I too would just jump in! If you have to work or go out in the morning, that could be agonizing! You may have to get in between bursts of poop to change from a pouch to a sleeve without a mess. Have you changed to a two-piece pouch? It does make it easier!

Puppy

Dancingthrough
Feb 07, 2019 3:15 am

Thanks, Puppy. I do use a two-piece. I'm retired, so I don't have the usual morning rush. I have an early morning appointment tomorrow, so I will be jumping in on Friday. Looking forward to success.

Dance