I want to have flat belly!!

Replies
Views
noona
Nov 13, 2012 5:59 pm
is it possible to have flat belly with my stoma. I workout a lot but still don't have flat belly??? I am lifting a lot of wight now I wonder how much wight is ok good and wouldn't hurt my stoma!!!

Sophie96
Nov 13, 2012 9:40 pm
Hi moona, i think it would prob be best to speak to your stoma nurse about how much weight would be ok for you, i expect its different for everyone. BUT i wouldnt worry about how your stomach looks too much, ,mine looks like a mountain range at the moment!! Ha ha Hope all is well for you. Sophie x
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

latina63
Nov 14, 2012 2:45 am
You must be very careful that you do not get a hernia. I would definitely talk to your dr or stoma nurse to get advice. I did too much while I had my stoma and they had to repair 3 hernias along with my reversal.
mooza
Nov 14, 2012 7:31 pm
Definatly talk to your stoma nurse i have no flat belly but i was lifting to much got 2 hernias out of it now my belly aint so flat xxx take care ..xx MoozaXX
Past Member
Nov 17, 2012 4:18 pm
Dont we all want a flat belly but years of surgery as you would know mooza like the borh of us have many scars i would jeperdise lifting to get hernias i do crunches and gental excersise Lol hernias i can do without im stuck with my bulge But im living lol tc ambies

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
lolli
Nov 20, 2012 10:45 am
You should really be wearing some support for any exercise with a stoma. Check out Comfizz.com for a range of great looking support wear, they do a selection of different levels.
dtkaye
Nov 20, 2012 5:05 pm
I never lifted much after my operation and developed a hernia very easily, definitely need to watch out for that.
Past Member
Nov 20, 2012 11:41 pm
Like others said, DEF ck w/your docs but it is absolutely possible. You`ll just end up with a 5pack instead of six,lol. Slow steady consistent work and a sound diet will get you there.
mooza
Nov 22, 2012 7:54 pm
Yes ambies but i did pay the price for lifting , still be nice for flat belly but i like beer too LOL
Past Member
Nov 22, 2012 8:33 pm
Hey mooza i wish i could eat nuts like you lol Im afraid i have to be happy with my tum, i do excersises eat small meals and dont eat after six if i can help it, but theres always that bar of chocolet lurking in my fridge lol, but then its back on the treadmill for my sins lol . Tc mooza and everyone ..ambies
noona
Nov 24, 2012 3:34 pm
thaks for all your advice..I asked the stoma nurse what type workout I should do her answer was whatever you are comfortable with. lol the heaviest wight for me 15lb. Also when i just came out in the hospital right after my surgery my doctor told me don't lift more than 20 pounds. since last year i gained wight and i can't wear any of my dress or my jacket doesn't close..hhhhahh .....
noona
Nov 24, 2012 3:34 pm
I have tried cross fit for one month...was very hard workout I could do it but i was scared about hernia so i stop going there.....what is stoma doctor?? is it the surgeon???
moonshine
Dec 03, 2012 8:30 am
my stomach is flat on the right side, but pretty puffy on the left. my surgery was emergency so the ab muscle was cut verticle so as to pop open the muscle. think of how a rubber band would be if you cut it from top to bottom..totally disfunctional -
Past Member
Dec 05, 2012 6:37 pm
What has helped me flatten my stomach is to do isometrics at night as I do my deep breathing. I tighten my belly and hold for the count of 10. I've noticed a real difference in how my jeans fit. Give it a try. I've been doing it nightly for about 3 months now.
noona
Feb 15, 2013 3:59 pm
moonshine mine the same i have notice one side smaller than the other.!! Redhiar that is a good idea and i am suere its even good for your breathing. I will try that from now on.
Mayoman
Dec 12, 2013 3:43 am
Hi there Noona, You are a classic beauty Noona, spectacular!! I think you definitely look Irish?? I'm skinny but it's still hard to get the belly flat. I've decided to get a rowing machine. Lifting weights will not really work your belly....as far as I know.. plus the risk of hernia. The rowing machine, like swimming, works everything. Swimming is really good.Magoo
latina63
Dec 13, 2013 3:03 am
It is so weird, when they cut you straight down the middle from stem to stern nothing lays right after that humph! But I am so thankful to be alive :-)
moonshine
Mar 24, 2014 3:12 am
focus on the positive things about yourself......I started blingin out my bag with stick on rhinestones...and as far as my belly.....well I have a gully that not only you could do belly shots of but you could fit a 5th of a bottle!
Mayoman
Mar 24, 2014 3:24 am
Three SECRETS TO A FLAT BELLY SWIM, SWIM AND SWIM. Guaranteed to work. Use Micropore Surgical tape around your wafer ( lots of it ) and swim laps, as many laps as you can do.several times a week !!!All the best Magoo.
latina63
Mar 26, 2014 2:30 pm
unfortunately I have hernias after my reversal in 2012 so I am limited as to what I can do, but I do walk 2 miles 3-6 times a week!
noona
Nov 02, 2014 1:36 pm
long time I was away from this site. swimming is great since it has low impact. I think not sleeping well at night is the key also to loose wight. so far i haven't experienced Herena. I still want to have flat Tommy but as long as i am healthy don't care much about the flat stomach. I am almost there. I recently ran 10 mile race I am proud of myself. I have 30 pound to loose. I will keep you all posted and thanks for all the replies.
mooza
Nov 05, 2014 7:11 pm
Congratulations and keep up the great work i have severe nerve damage so im finding it intolerable to do anything but as its getting warmer in australia i think i might try to take up swimming :)
mooza
Nov 05, 2014 7:11 pm
Just love the sea water but dont like getting any sunburn it makes my skin crawl even looking at burnt skin
Past Member
Nov 21, 2015 5:51 pm
Hey mooza what are you up to now days missing you girl xx️