Does Your Bag Have a Silver Lining?

Replies
Views
Toppermost
Jan 16, 2022 12:25 am
G'day Ostomates ( love that word. Makes me feel Australian)

Thought it would be a good idea to collectively create a list of silver linings for our ostomies. There are of course negatives about living with bags but there definitly are some up sides worth considering and remembering for novice and old baggers alike. I will start it going and invite everyone to participate with a reply containing any thing you recognize as a silver lining. Be creative or practical, silly or serious, colostomy or urostomy or totally off the wall. As a member of the double bagged species. I will start off with 1 silver lining for each bag. For my urostomy...a night bag gives me the luxury of never having to get up in the middle of the night to pee. Haven't been able to do that and thus sleep through the night since I was a teenager! Love it! For my colostomy....No more of those unsightly skid marks on my underwear!  There you have it folks. Perspective is everything! Is your bag half empty or half full? Looking forward to hearing from you! 

cheers, Toppermost.

Panko
Jan 16, 2022 12:58 am
Bog rolls last longer!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

AlexT
Jan 16, 2022 1:02 am
My butt cheeks don't have to hang out in the cold while I poop in the woods. ????
Panko
Jan 16, 2022 1:05 am
I do not have to sit on a toilet seat & pull faces pushing one out!
Past Member
Jan 16, 2022 1:20 am
I'm alive because of mine...so I guess that is my silver lining.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
AlexT
Jan 16, 2022 1:24 am
I haven't pooped my pants in almost a year. ????
Justbreathe
Jan 16, 2022 1:25 am
Can't think of a silver lining yet (still debating a reversal) but my daughter reminds me that if I end up needing someone to care for me, they'd much rather change a bag than deal with my butt!!!
AlexT
Jan 16, 2022 1:34 am
LOL, that's good Justbreathe. ????
xnine
Jan 16, 2022 1:36 am
I can pooh in the grocery line
Past Member
Jan 16, 2022 1:36 am
LOL xnine
Toppermost
Jan 16, 2022 1:51 am
SOS! I am splitting my bag laughing!
lovely
Jan 16, 2022 6:35 am
Don't have to worry about having to rush to find a restroom.
Bill
Jan 16, 2022 12:10 pm
Hello Toppermost.
Thanks for an interesting concept, which deserves its own rhyme:
Best wishes
Bill
Caz67
Jan 16, 2022 12:30 pm
I can say kiss my ass and I know it will be clean as a whistle lol ???????? XX
Past Member
Jan 16, 2022 12:44 pm
LOL Caz
ron in mich
Jan 16, 2022 3:37 pm
I guess mine would be all the ostomate friends i have on here.
Past Member
Jan 16, 2022 3:48 pm
I feel that too Ron in Mich!
Popovski11
Jan 16, 2022 5:53 pm
Love having this community, helps me through the day..my silver lining, like others, is that I am alive because of it..I almost went into a deep state of depression a few weeks ago..and I found this community in search of some support..wow, has my attitude towards life changed! I have learned some things about self care as well..thank you to everyone who is a part of this community..
cmort4short
Jan 16, 2022 6:01 pm
Who needs a pit stop on a long road trip.... Not me.
Past Member
Jan 16, 2022 6:16 pm
All of the above w/ colostomy, plus, as colonoscopies are a regular event in my life, I don't have to run, run, run like others. Just wait till the bag fills up. So there!
????????????
Past Member
Jan 16, 2022 6:25 pm
I have no idea how those ?????? got there! Typed ???????????? emojis!
Past Member
Jan 16, 2022 6:31 pm
Liz411 I don't think these blogs like emojis! LOL They all turn into question marks.
Neilioz
Jan 16, 2022 7:54 pm
I recently started irrigation and I have so much more control now. No more stoma erupting at the cinema, pub, restaurant, halfway down the motorway. Fantastic!
TerryLT
Jan 16, 2022 9:02 pm
Many silver linings for me. I'd be dead if it weren't for mine. My quality of life has improved immensely. I'm not in pain all the time. I agree with Xnine, and was just mentioning this to another ostomate the other day, that we are the ultimate multi-taskers. We can poo while doing anything, eating, sleeping, doing our shopping or housework, or socializing with others (remember that?). We don't have to waste time sitting on the loo. I rarely have to use dirty public washrooms anymore. I have a really clean bum!! What's not to like?!

Terry
Ritz
Jan 16, 2022 9:32 pm
When I'm really old ,my kids will never have to wipe my butt !
Panko
Jan 17, 2022 12:17 am
You can piss, shit, fart, wash your hair & body & sing whistle Dixie while cracking one off with both hands if your lucky or one all at the same time while in the shower!
Who said men can't multitask & you don't need to be a genius like some women? ????
Newbie Dana
Jan 17, 2022 12:36 am
Well, since my cancer treatments left me incontinent, my colostomy took care of that problem for good! So I go in my bag in the middle of the day? I meander (no more rushing madly!) to the bathroom and change my bag. No big!
golf_icon
Jan 17, 2022 4:09 am
I love that I get to make jokes about not being anally retentive anymore since my colostomy surgery in 2009.
Maried
Jan 17, 2022 4:57 am
No diapers and I can poop at my work desk and no body know!
Fred383
Jan 18, 2022 12:12 am
I once pooped my britches at Aldi's and had to buy new ones at Walmart while in the slightly cleaned up mess. Awful. Yesterday I pooped my britches in Aldi's and emptied my bag. Didn't have to go to Walmart at all, thank God.