The monster

Replies
Views
Help_Me_Rhonda
Jan 24, 2013 1:39 pm
Thank you for the advice, milky! I will try the carrot thing!
Monsieur Le President
Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm
Find a pouch system that works for you. Send for samples from the advertisers on here. Google Ostomy appliances, they all want your business. If you have a lot of liquid output, try using a drainable pouch, then you can empty as you go.Get on with your life, otherwise having the op will seem not to be worth it. Remember for many people the bag is the least of their problems. I know it's easy to say, but really try to start looking forward.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Ragdoll
Jan 24, 2013 9:31 pm
Monsieur....since I've been on this site....I've gotten some really good advice and just like you they say...get on with your life...everyone is right...I have to get past this...get over it...stop feeling so down...The first thing I need to do is change the name...no more monster...since my stoma is pink and my favorite cartoon is the PINK PANTHER thus it's new name...Thank you everyone for all the advice and it's good to know that I have new friends that I can talk to about the pink panther and not be scared...THANKS
gmy
Jan 26, 2013 6:31 pm
I have had my iliostomy for 3 going on 4 years now..It was really hard for the first few months..but after I learned how to do things for myself, It got a lot easier...The odor was the worse for me until I found..Fresh-Awl and also Stop odor plus..Now I don't have any odor at all..I change my bag about three times a week and use the two piece..the bag has an opening in the bottom...I use a container and put it in the bathroom sink and empty mybag into it. I have a squirt bottle Isquirt the bag full of water to wash it out. then empty everything into the toilet..I don't get any splash at all..I hope this will be helpful to someone...Hope you adjust really soon Ragdoll..I also eat anything I want..If it is a gassy veg. then I take a gasX pill before eating...If you use AllKare protective wipes it will make the Wafer stick to your body a whole lot better...If I don't use I have leaks all the time...With it no leaks...
happybaglady
Jan 27, 2013 4:59 am
What a positive site. I have had my ileostomy for 13 yrs and it took years to find the right system. I am still learning little tricks that help deal with odor, (chew parsley), leaks (change bag as soon as you feel burning) I use one piece Active Life and if I feel burning it means it is leaking around the stoma and I will have a mess and a burn to deal with. All kare protective wipes help. Ragdoll, I am glad you changed the name of your stoma and tell your family the name as well. The more you share with your close friends and family the more comfortable you will be. I wish you the best. My motto has been there is a life after the bag.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister

Play
Ragdoll
Jan 30, 2013 3:39 am
Happybaglady I use a two piece what's the different in the one and two...someone told me to put tic tacs in my bag...I have the liquid but I really want to try other things...you talk about a burning feeling...where does it come from I have never had that feeling...I feel better with the name change...it doesn't sound so scary...Not to many people know I have the bag...I've pretty much secluded myself in the house...I know....I need to get out of this house and live my life...I'm trying and with the help from people on this site I'm doing better...Thanks for listening
flowerlady
Feb 07, 2013 5:15 am
RAGDOLL - I have had an ileostomy for 1 yr. It was an emergency operation. Had ulcerative colitis for 2 yrs. Went down to 82 pounds after the operation, also had a collapsed lung from anesthetic. This operation saved my life which I can now enjoy with my 3 grandgaughters. One granddaughter Said Why do you poop from your belly pee from your bum? I said It's because the doctor put some stitches in my belly She just said Oh. Kids are so accepting!!
Stillnshock
Mar 04, 2013 1:11 am
Ragdoll- WOW I thought it was just me, meaning I have the same feelings as you and the other day the EXACT same thing happened to me at the Dr's office. The same Dr. who keeps urging me not to have a reversal surgery. See I went into the hospital less than 2 months ago for a routine female surgery and when I woke up a few weeks later was told that the surgery went horribly wrong and that I had several surgeries, to keep me alive from the 1st botched surgery. I am very grateful AND BLESSED to be alive but this situation has TOTALLY changed my lifestyle. I cannot do something as simple as fit my clothes. I unfortunately got laid off a few weeks before the surgery so that coupled with this whole ordeal has me completely depressed! I am praying I find a Dr. who can and will give me a reversal and I also pray that things go well, this time.
Stillnshock
Mar 04, 2013 1:11 am
Hey has anyone ever had this issue?? If so I need help....I have an inny stoma so my problem is when I put the skin barrier on I always have the issue where bowel is getting underneath it, always. If I eat certain things like beef/pork I pretty much always have an accident because the bowel pushes the barrier from some end off of my skin. I am growing tired of washing bed sheets almost daily and fear going too many places since I've had this for fear I'll have an accident. I am even afforded a trip at the end of the week and am scared to go for fear this accidents will occur while travel and when I get to my destination. Is there anything anyone can suggest that would not allow the bowel to leak underneath or out of the barrier??? I am desperate for a solution!