Thoughts on Using Ostomy Belts

Replies
Views
eab3691
Sep 09, 2024 1:48 am

I got an ostomy belt on order.. should be here in a couple of days. Anxious to try it out, especially in public, as it'll make me look more presentable.

SharkFan
Sep 09, 2024 11:47 pm

You may be able to get away without a belt. I did for about a month. Standing up from the dinner table, my bag clipped the underside of the table and fell onto the floor. Luckily, this was in my own home. What if it were to fall at work or at a restaurant with friends? I ordered a Stealthbelt. After a while wearing that, I found I had a problem with pancaking. I then found a Pouchwear belt that holds the bag diagonally. Problem solved. I hit the bag and had it fall off into the holder. No problem! I just went into the bathroom and re-attached it.

There is no price on peace of mind.

Best of health,

SharkFan

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.