Nancy LaMott

Replies
Views
PJT
Jul 08, 2011 1:39 pm
Hi all,

I've related this story before, but now I have a video to go with it!

Back in the early 1990's I attended an ostomy group meeting in Manhattan where I met a very pretty lady who had just recently had an ileostomy after suffering for years with Crohn's Disease. We chatted for a while about our mutual interest in music and also about feeling healthy again and eating anything we wanted. Her name was Nancy LaMott and she told me she was a singer. I promised to come and see her perform and I would read about her in the newspaper and see ads for her gigs in the best clubs around NYC. I figured I had all the time in the world to see her until I read the sad news that Nancy passed away from cancer in 1995, not long after we met.

It's one of my biggest regrets that I never got to see Nancy perform live and I suppose there's a few lessons to be learned here about the frailty of life and about putting things off for another day.

Anyway, I put together this short video tribute to Nancy LaMott. I hope you like it and perhaps you will add her name to your play list.

- PJT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQTE13uGJQU
Primeboy
Jul 08, 2011 3:07 pm
Great tribute, PJT!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 36,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

Past Member
Jul 09, 2011 1:21 am
PJT,

WOW!  Not only your loss but our's also. What a voice.  A little like June Christie with Dav Brubeck, I think.  My kind od music.  Just be glad that you had the good fortune to have met her.
Xerxes
Jul 09, 2011 4:59 am
PJT,

That is a wonderful tribute by a class act. We don't realize how short life can be and how we must cherish every moment of it. Some of us are most fortunate to meet people in our life's journey who have provided us with so much. The important thing, however, is that we count our blessings and be thankful that these people have entered our lives albeit often for just a brief shining moment.

X_
PJT
Jul 10, 2011 1:07 am
Thank you my friends. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister

Play
MarkP
Jul 10, 2011 3:06 am
Such a lovely voice a loss to the world.
Past Member
Jul 10, 2011 6:30 am
Wow, that totally opens the heart-- what a beautiful woman, and a beautiful tribute you put together-- and to one of my favorite songs.  Thanks.
zanzi1
Jul 10, 2011 7:30 pm
Thank you so much - lovely but so sad at the same time. You were both lucky to know each other.